Week Seven: Detroit Lions (1-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-2)

MichiganCardinal

This game was peak SOL, on so many levels. Holmbell now 4-18 and zero wins on the road. I know it's a rebuild but they aren't any better off with these guys it appears and yes, I get that there are some injuries but every NFL teams suffers injuries.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't understand how this offense scores 35 against the Eagles, 36 against Washington, and 45 against Seattle, while our defense surrenders 28 to the Vikings, 29 to the Patriots, and 17 to the Cowboys, and we are fucking 1-5.

Because the Patriots showed how to do it and the Lions won't adjust so now everyone knows how to do it.   Because their coaching is horrible. 

Jim Caldwell.................I'm sorry, man.   Please forgive me.   I was upset over a couple of in-game moves, but please, forgive me, I apologize, you deserve a statue here. 

I can't wait to draft Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Hendon Hooker, Will Levis, or whoever. Goff looks awful. His offensive line has played reasonably well for him, tried giving him time, and Goff is just lost out there. This offense hasn't scored a touchdown in 8 straight quarters. So much for being the strength of the team.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I can't wait to draft Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Hendon Hooker, Will Levis, or whoever. Goff looks awful. His offensive line has played reasonably well for him, tried giving him time, and Goff is just lost out there. This offense hasn't scored a touchdown in 8 straight quarters. So much for being the strength of the team.

But Swift and ASB are out.................

6 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Goff with endless turnovers. He is absolute trash.  Holmes staking his first two years to Goff is also a problem.

Ok, can no longer root for wins. I’d rather see 1-16 and clean house. Need to start over again 

I know he's down a lot of weapons but all you ask is that he not lose the game and he throws two dumb interceptions. I almost bought into him being a good QB for this team after a strong close to last season and strong start this one but it's apparent that QB is right near the top of the needs list.

Edited by NYLion

Just now, NYLion said:

I know he's down a lot of weapons but all you ask is that he not lose the game and he throws two dumb interceptions. I almost bought into him being a god QB for this team but it's apparent that QB is right near the top of the needs list.

Yeah, this.  I like Goff personally and we all wish he had the package, and for the first few games he was very impressive for the most part, but oy, he has made it hard to like him these last few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Because the Patriots showed how to do it and the Lions won't adjust so now everyone knows how to do it.   Because their coaching is horrible. 

Jim Caldwell.................I'm sorry, man.   Please forgive me.   I was upset over a couple of in-game moves, but please, forgive me, I apologize, you deserve a statue here. 

dallas is the #1 defense in the league and the lions are playing with practice squad wrs and backup running backs.

the fact that they did what they did to seattle was a miracle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Goff with endless turnovers. He is absolute trash.  Holmes staking his first two years to Goff is also a problem.

Ok, can no longer root for wins. I’d rather see 1-16 and clean house. Need to start over again 

What difference will that make? We have had top eight draft picks each of the last four years, and this team, right here, is the team we’ve ended up with. What makes you think it will be any different next year, the year after that, and beyond? Especially since Campbell is practically guaranteed to be here at least halfway into the 2025 season.