Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I think the alt-Right are banking that the Neckbearded violent Jan6 rioters are going to gain more sympathy from the general voting public before November 2024. 

Sympathy for the Neck Beard was a deep cut song from the Rolling Stones. 

On 8/8/2023 at 9:07 PM, gehringer_2 said:

Joe Rogan comes to Bud Light's defense ?!*&!??

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-silly-joe-rogan-drinks-160246436.html

And here's eight minutes about this "controversy", eight minutes of your life you'll never get back if you watch this:

Remember when Megyn Kelly wanted to be a mainstream media star? Thank god Donald pulled her back to the dark side before she could get her blood coming out of wherever all over us.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

And here's eight minutes about this "controversy", eight minutes of your life you'll never get back if you watch this:

Remember when Megyn Kelly wanted to be a mainstream media star? Thank god Donald pulled her back to the dark side before she could get her blood coming out of wherever all over us.

Do you suppose Diane Sawyer or Gwen Eiffel ever thought to bring us the news of the day in a little off-one-shoulder frock? 

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I wonder if these blond Fox-ish right wing bimbos are so bitter because they had to **** men like Rupert Murdoch to get on the air and are jealous of the mainstream female newscasters who didn't?

They wouldn’t have to do that if they actually good at media. Megyn Kelly, for one, showed just how far up her own ass she was when she got her mainstream shot. Can you imagine what those women at NewsHax and Overthrow America have to do?

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of media bias, if anyone is looking for a news source that tries to play in the middle instead of shilling for the far right (Fox) or the far left (MSNBC), I've found News Nation to be a pretty balanced network.   Whenever I've watched, they seem to focus on just reporting news without pushing any narratives.  Didn't even realize I had them on my cable package until a few weeks ago.  

22 hours ago, MIguy said:

On the subject of media bias, if anyone is looking for a news source that tries to play in the middle instead of shilling for the far right (Fox) or the far left (MSNBC), I've found News Nation to be a pretty balanced network.   Whenever I've watched, they seem to focus on just reporting news without pushing any narratives.  Didn't even realize I had them on my cable package until a few weeks ago.  

Far left? 

19 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Far left? 

Yes, MSNBC has gone too far left.  They spend the majority of their time now pushing racial and LGTBQ issues.  It's one thing to cover stories honestly and from both sides, but when you're ignoring one side of things to push an agenda, I consider that "far left" or "far right"

For an example, look at the latest string of mobs of people rushing into stores and stealing everything in site.  Almost all of those committing the crimes are blacks.  Turn on Fox and you'll see them practically playing the footage on a loop.  Turn on MSNBC and you won't see any coverage of it.  Then flip the page and find a story about a black person being shot.  Fox will give in the least amount of coverage possible while MSNBC runs it non-stop.

Fox and MSNBC are both sides of the same coin.  

6 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Yes, MSNBC has gone too far left.  They spend the majority of their time now pushing racial and LGTBQ issues.  It's one thing to cover stories honestly and from both sides, but when you're ignoring one side of things to push an agenda, I consider that "far left" or "far right"

For an example, look at the latest string of mobs of people rushing into stores and stealing everything in site.  Almost all of those committing the crimes are blacks.  Turn on Fox and you'll see them practically playing the footage on a loop.  Turn on MSNBC and you won't see any coverage of it.  Then flip the page and find a story about a black person being shot.  Fox will give in the least amount of coverage possible while MSNBC runs it non-stop.

Fox and MSNBC are both sides of the same coin.  

Have at it.  

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I'm allowing you to carry on.  I don't see the point of arguing.  Your attitudes toward race and gender probably reflect a lot of people out there.  

My attitudes towards race and gender and pretty much every other issue is that they aren't as simple as people on both sides want to make them out to be.  That's what this whole thread is about, bias.  My opinions tend to piss people off on both sides of the issues as I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle and most people these days can't accept anything that doesn't fit into that neat little box of ideas that they're carrying around.  

7 minutes ago, MIguy said:

My attitudes towards race and gender and pretty much every other issue is that they aren't as simple as people on both sides want to make them out to be.  That's what this whole thread is about, bias.  My opinions tend to piss people off on both sides of the issues as I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle and most people these days can't accept anything that doesn't fit into that neat little box of ideas that they're carrying around.  

Yeah, you complicated

11 minutes ago, romad1 said:

All about it.  Yep. 

Remember about 4 comments ago when you were going to stop?  The fact that you're still trying to poke and prod makes it even more apparent exactly what you're looking for here.

Sorry that you got so triggered over someone calling your precious MSNBC "far left".    You'll get through these trying times, I promise you will.