Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Somebody please provide Mr. Caldwell with a map lol

I'm confused. Does the father live on the "southside" ? What is he doing in Naperville? Why are they interviewing people in Naperville about Chicago politics? What's with the Tigers' cap on a guy from Chicago's southside who happened to wander into Naperville. Is it actually in Naperville or are they in the part of Aurora that pretends to be Napervilly.

So many questions.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oblong said:

I have a boss form the south side and he's very particular about what region gets referred to as the "South side".  

I have no real clue where Chicago's "Southside" starts. Is it south of Grant Park or somewhere near Midway?

My Aurora remark came from an incident about 25 or so years ago. A group of developers/realtors were holding a "Homarama", showing new home models on the Naperville/Aurora line. Technically they were in Aurora but were advertising themselves as Naperville, especially with the school system. Aurora's mayor at the time got a bit upset and turned off the city water to the site until they changed the ads.

10 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I have no real clue where Chicago's "Southside" starts. Is it south of Grant Park or somewhere near Midway?

My Aurora remark came from an incident about 25 or so years ago. A group of developers/realtors were holding a "Homarama", showing new home models on the Naperville/Aurora line. Technically they were in Aurora but were advertising themselves as Naperville, especially with the school system. Aurora's mayor at the time got a bit upset and turned off the city water to the site until they changed the ads.

When we lived in MN the suburb dividing line was our back fence. They had the newer (and mostly bigger) houses but our school district was one of the top in the state. Made for  amusing real estate marketing.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

We are currently getting an education in this given that we will soon be moving up to the Chicago suburbs (it was time to come back up north for a variety of reasons).... and really it's not just Aurora, it seems like every surrounding suburb (ie. Bolingbrook, Lisle, Warrenville) wants a piece of Naperville.

School District Boundaries have a lot to do with this.... decent sized chunks of Aurora and Bolingbrook, for whatever reason, filter into District 204, which also serve decent chunks of Naperville as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

We are currently getting an education in this given that we will soon be moving up to the Chicago suburbs (it was time to come back up north for a variety of reasons).... and really it's not just Aurora, it seems like every surrounding suburb (ie. Bolingbrook, Lisle, Warrenville) wants a piece of Naperville.

School District Boundaries have a lot to do with this.... decent sized chunks of Aurora and Bolingbrook, for whatever reason, filter into District 204, which also serve decent chunks of Naperville as well.

That whole area has exploded since we lived there in the mid to late 90s. My son graduated from Waubansee High School. It looks like they've opened up a new school next to our old subdivision. 

I liked the area, close to the Prairie Path for biking. The Metra stop was about a mile or so from the house.

Hated RT 59 however 

Fox News is still bad. They are moving Hannity to Tucker's spot and putting Jesse Waters in the 9 PM spot. He's just as insane as Tucker. I remember some 12 or so years ago Jesse Waters was doing a piece in Dearborn about Sharia law and interviewed a guy who claimed a Muslim woman was stoned to death for buying condoms. They seemed to have died down on the Dearborn panic. 

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

oh, no.

anyway...

Evidently she's still there. Maybe...

My hope is they give her a show from 2-4 AM Eastern time. Basically what radio did back in the day with personalities they couldn't afford to fire because they were dumb enough to give them huge contracts.

Wow, im shocked to find even more false info on this political forum. Ingraham's show was on last night night.  You folks really should get better sources. You should know by now all liberals do is make up things to try to discredit the other side.