Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

8 hours ago, Archie said:

I don't see this as a surprise.  All media slants what they report. Do you really think Fox is the only one guilty of this behavior?  How is this worse than other media that doesn't report on the failings of the current admin. Which networks have reported on how the FBI has ignored a congressional subpoena and refused to provide documents about possible Biden family corruption or crime? Most media is in the dems pocket and only a few are right wing.

The biggest network in the country (Fox) is far right wing.  The biggest social news network (Twitter) is now right wing.  The second biggest network (CNN) is now owned by a right winger and recently aired a complete Trump rally which last more than an hour.   

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

facebook is much bigger news aggregator than Twitter and it's also owned by a right winger

I don't really think of facebook as a news aggrgetor, but that's probably because I blocked all their "news" a long time ago.  It's harder to do that on twitter.  I mean you can avoid it but not without some continuous effort.

18 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

‘Fox and Friends’ Staged Interview Bashing New Chicago Mayor

Two men who were featured in a Fox and Friends live segment inside a Naperville diner on the morning of Mayor Brandon Johnson’s inauguration didn’t just “happen to be from Chicago,” as correspondent Gianno Caldwell originally said. Not only did Caldwell invite Lavondale “Big Dale” Glass and Andre Smith to the interview, but the Fox reporter allegedly lied that the interview would be about violence, not Johnson, TRiiBE reported. The correspondent kicked off the interview offering his condolences to Glass, who lost his son in a 2021 shooting. “How are you doing, and what do you think about the election of Brandon Johnson?” Caldwell asked. While Glass replied the election was a “fluke” and criticized the new mayor, he later told TRiiBE that the question took him by complete surprise. “I was upset that he asked me that question,” Glass said. “And it kind of caught me off guard, because I’m still upset about my son.” He doesn’t necessarily oppose Johnson, Glass clarified, but just has doubts in general about politicians’ ability to address street violence. TRiiBE also found that both men had ties to Johnson’s opponent Paul Vallas’ campaign. Glass is the assistant director of a nonprofit whose founder endorsed Vallas, and Smith—who didn’t speak in the segment but was seated next to Glass—was a paid Vallas campaign worker.

What's incredible to me is that they staged it in ****ing Naperville.

Was there not a diner in the 19th Ward they could have found to at least give the segment a dint of plausibility? Instead of hauling ass out to a suburb in an entirely different county? 

As propaganda goes, it's just so low rent... 

Edited by mtutiger

18 hours ago, Archie said:

I don't see this as a surprise.  All media slants what they report. Do you really think Fox is the only one guilty of this behavior?  How is this worse than other media that doesn't report on the failings of the current admin.

Translation: "Fox did something that is indefensible, so what about _____ instead"

18 hours ago, Archie said:

Which networks have reported on how the FBI has ignored a congressional subpoena...

Hilarious hearing a Trump fan care about Congressional subpoenas after living through years of ignored subpoenas during the previous couple of Congresses

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

What's incredible to me is that they staged it in ****ing Naperville.

Was there not a diner in the 19th Ward they could have found to at least give the segment a dint of plausibility? Instead of hauling ass out to a suburb in an entirely different county? 

As propaganda goes, it's just so low rent... 

Flip side, consider the audience. How airtight does the propaganda really have to be?

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Twitter may be more important in the news business though because so many reporters that publish in other places use twitter to track events, and each other. They are all there practically in real time, more than on facebook.

There was a time not that long ago that Twitter was the go to for breaking news. Not so much now thanks to ****ty algorithms

Thanks Elon

23 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

There was a time not that long ago that Twitter was the go to for breaking news. Not so much now thanks to ****ty algorithms

Thanks Elon

no doubt a lot of media people are just waiting for a vehicle to come along that will let them get out of Elon's playground, but the alternative isn't clear yet - though Elon seems intent on guaranteeing something will.. The base problem, and almost certainly the reason Twitter was both so successful and so broke in the first place, was that the model has too little income potential for it's operator. But of course that is exactly what made it attractive to its users - low cost. From an economic standpoint, it seems unlikely that another vendor will enter the market with a product that is so user cost friendly and that will be the hurdle for anything else gaining market share.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Translation: "Fox did something that is indefensible, so what about _____ instead"

Hilarious hearing a Trump fan care about Congressional subpoenas after living through years of ignored subpoenas during the previous couple of Congresses

More false info...I'm not a Trump fan. 

56 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Would you be happy to see Trump elected president? Or would you be unhappy to see it?

More accurately:

1 hour ago, Archie said:

More false info...I'm not a Trump fan. 

Did you vote for Trump in 2016: Yes or no?

Did you vote for Trump in 2020: Yes or no?

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Do you think myself and any real conservative American would ever vote for a POS democrat instead of the Republican even if we don't like the Republican?  Even I'm surprised at how rediculous your comments are.  

I am a Liberal, but If Trump ran as a Democrat, I would vote Republican.  Before you say that is a ridiculous scenario, consider that he used to be a Democrat.  He'd be a Democrat again if he thought he could win as a Democrat. 

Also, it's really stupid to say that every Democrat is a POS.  I don't think every Republican is a POS.     

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Do you think myself and any real conservative American would ever vote for a POS democrat instead of the Republican even if we don't like the Republican?  Even I'm surprised at how rediculous your comments are.  

This seems like a really miserable way to live your life, yikes.  No wonder our country is so messed up a ton of people are treating it like their favorite sports team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

treating it like their favorite sports team.

Bingo. Politics is not supposed to be a rooting for a team exercise, it's supposed to be vehicle for maintenance, repair, and progress of society -i.e. good governace. As soon as your 'side' become more important to you than the objective of improving the result of the process you've not only lost whatever you game you wanted to play, you've lost your country.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Archie said:

In other words, you voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, and will again in 2024... if he's the nominee.

Correct?