Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

21 hours ago, ben9753 said:

Yay get ready for the great whitewashing. CNN is being used by Trump and they’re either too stupid to see it or too craven to care. Not sure which is worse. 

I believe Murdock wants to be done with Trump so he needs a new media ally. Looks like he's already figured out how to play Licht.

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Craven, because that's a choice.

it could get interesting over the next few years if CNN tries to move right and Rupert passes from the scene. You'd think Lachan will want to put his own stamp on things af Fox but who knows what direction that might take.

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

CNN moving right is a dead strategy.  They are permanently stained from Trump's attacks and his fans will never go back.  Tucker Carlson could go on there and they'd just say Tucker sold out rather than CNN.

Yeah - I don't see CNN being able to recapture any of the MAGA crowd. Especially if Licht claims his ambition is to be a better news network because better news is true news and the MAGA aren't interesting in that. For Licht - and the rest of the US media - the first illusion they have to part with to be more valuable to viewers as news sources is that a good news organization gives falsehood equal time to truth. It's that misapprehension that has put much of the US media in the toilet with viewers to begin with. In the future the social function for a 'good' news org in a deeply propagandized world is being an honest broker for reality. The first org to embrace that role fully has its market waiting for it.  Licht's real problem at CNN is that MSNBC is out competing them in the real news area. He's conflating the issue of MSNBC's dem advocacy with the fact they are doing the better job in other areas as well. The audience he needs back to succeed commerically is what he has lost to MSNBC (he can't get back Fox's) and the issue for CCN is less about moving away from advocating either side than in doing a better job on the news period.

Trump will never tire of lying, but others do, and even if they try to fact check LIVE, they will stop after the first 3-5 lies, leaving the next 20-30 lies unchecked

lot more here

So . . . he’s “unique” . . . but CNN will “treat him like any other” candidate. This seems to scream self-contradiction, and Chalian struggles to square the circle:

While “all of that context makes him a unique candidate,” it “does not make our approach any different, in the sense that we hold every candidate who comes to CNN accountable for their words,” Chalian said. He added that CNN has approached every major presidential candidate and potential candidate about participating in CNN’s coverage—the presidential town hall being a part of that.

I'm not going to lie, I think Oswald acted alone to kill JFK, but I would not be surprised if he was a CIA Op.  At the very least, I am confident that the CIA missed some major red flags and feel the release of documents would hurt their reputation.  The Kennedy family was pushing for the release of the documents 25-30 years ago....

Edited by ewsieg

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm confused, aren't these the same guys who tell us that JFK (both Jr and Sr) deaths were faked? 

The obsession with the Kennedys in general is very weird from the right wing conspiracy crowd... now added to that is the RFK Jr. campaign that is being cheerled as a stalking horse campaign by the same folks