Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

42 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was reading various comments about him becoming more powerful than ever.  That is the most lamentably lazy bull****.  Megyn Kelly, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews all would like a word.

Yeah. Total delusional nonsense.

Tucker Carlson getting fired as made an otherwise gloomy week or so that I've been having a little brighter. Hopefully he stays off the air for good so he can't spread his hatred, racism, fascism, and illliberal world view. But I'm sure he'll be on Newsmax or OAN in no time.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy all the memes.

Fired-Tucker-Carlson-Memes-960x960.jpg

I’m guessing Tucker may “Alex Jones” it.  His own hate filled radio gig.

He’ll be spewing his garbage soon… his fans are already suffering in their withdrawal of one day of not hearing his whiny little voice.

Fox will have their next selected clone to continue their pathetic propaganda narrative hour (w/the corrected “safe words” that keep them out of legal peril) within a month, at most.

26 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

This was posted on another forum. I have to verify it is legit, but looks that way and don't have time to dig for the lawsuit PDF right now.

IMG_1841.jpeg

You'd only have to guess at his dirty laundry if he's carrying around this worldview. 

The controversies leading up to Don Lemon’s CNN firing

CNN hasn’t provided a public explanation for Lemon’s ouster after 17 years with the cable news network.

“I am stunned,” he tweeted.

His axing comes a little over two months after he apologized to viewers for his sexist on-air comments about Haley — a Republican presidential candidate.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/24/the-controversies-leading-to-don-lemons-cnn-firing/

Best Funny cnn host don lemon Memes - 9GAG

44 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

This was posted on another forum. I have to verify it is legit, but looks that way and don't have time to dig for the lawsuit PDF right now.

IMG_1841.jpeg

Interesting. My impression was that he was just an entertainer who didn't really believe all the stuff he said.  What I'm reading the lst day or two suggests otherwise. 

I have never really watched him closesly, just clips here and there.  

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

IMG_1841.jpeg

"If it weren't my daughter...."

I can just hear his cackle after saying that.

44 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol

Congrats to foxes new 8pm host

Nate has jumped the shark a bit. I still like him though. Honest question, was he ever on MTS before his BP days or on any of the predecessors like the ESPN Board?

Finally, the site has spawned some really strong elections analysts. Enten, Rakich, and Skelley are all very good and can get into the nitty gritty.

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

Nate has jumped the shark a bit. I still like him though. Honest question, was he ever on MTS before his BP days or on any of the predecessors like the ESPN Board?

Finally, the site has spawned some really strong elections analysts. Enten, Rakich, and Skelley are all very good and can get into the nitty gritty.

Not that I know of but we had a user named qsilvr who was very much like him and I think Lee thought it was him for a time.  He came to one of our games and it wasn't him.  At least I don't think so, from my memory of what he looked like.

I mean beyond the statistics stuff... the writing style was very very similar in that everything was qualified to some degree.

Oh man that dude was a great poster, I remember him.

I think Silver really went wayward when he started deviating from data analytics based proclamations to opinion based proclamations. 

I do agree about Harry Enten, smart dude.  I'm not familiar with the others mentioned  

35 minutes ago, oblong said:

Not that I know of but we had a user named qsilvr who was very much like him and I think Lee thought it was him for a time.  He came to one of our games and it wasn't him.  At least I don't think so, from my memory of what he looked like.

I mean beyond the statistics stuff... the writing style was very very similar in that everything was qualified to some degree.

yeah, I did wonder if QSlvr was Nate Silver.   That was before Nate was famous and they were very similar. 

I remember Q used to debate with Jake a lot which was entertaining.   

On the ESPN board there was somebody last named Silver, but it wasn't Nate, who was in one of the fantasy leagues we did before the big Keeper one that's still going. But he was an MSU student around 2000, which would track.

Edited by Edman85

7 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

I thought his name was "Quicksilver" - the whole word and not an abbreviation.

Anywho, I think he worked for the Government.

Did Nate Silver ever work for the Government?

spacer.png

I don't remember.  I thought it was an abbreviation, but that could have just been what people called him.