Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

2 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

He will peddle his propaganda elsewhere.

Yeah, he'll go elsewhere and do fine.  He's not as stupid as some of the others and might be verstaile enough to tone it down at a more moderate network.  Or he could go all NewsMax.    

could be there are so many lawsuits to come - Smartmatic, shareholder suits, the fired producer - that there are more Tucker text gems out there to embarrass Fox or Murdock

or maybe Murdock tried to impose some limits and Tucker said no

or maybe this is how a 92 year old tries to show he is still in charge

but very risky to make Tucker a FORMER employee as the rest of the cases move forward

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

this is interesting. And the thing about harassment suits is that if there is anything to them, once one woman comes forward there will undoubtedly be more.

It would be ironic if after doing his damndest to destroy the republic on the air in public,  he ends up being brought down by frat-boy behavior in private. But he wouldn't be the 1st and I won't knock it if it's true.

Edited by gehringer_2

those other networks won't be able to absorb the financial ramifications like Fox.  I made a joke about about The Hulk Hogan lawsuit ending Gawker as we know it, I can definitely see places like OAN and Newsmax suffering a similar fate.  The Fox settlement does nothing to help their competitors and just provides a baseline for a settlement that they cannot afford.

Tucker will just do his own thing online.  I believe he broadcast his show from his bunker at his home anyway.  If morons like Shapiro and Kirk can do it then he will. The guy's filthy rich anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oblong said:

those other networks won't be able to absorb the financial ramifications like Fox.  I made a joke about about The Hulk Hogan lawsuit ending Gawker as we know it, I can definitely see places like OAN and Newsmax suffering a similar fate.  The Fox settlement does nothing to help their competitors and just provides a baseline for a settlement that they cannot afford.

Tucker will just do his own thing online.  I believe he broadcast his show from his bunker at his home anyway.  If morons like Shapiro and Kirk can do it then he will. The guy's filthy rich anyway.

It won't be the same without Fox's imprimatur though. When the last time Bill OReilly made anyone else's new feed?

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It won't be the same without Fox's imprimatur though. When the last Bill OReilly made anyone else's new feed?

I think the only difference is O'Reilly's peak came about in a different political landscape, pre Trump.

Just now, oblong said:

I think the only difference is O'Reilly's peak came about in a different political landscape, pre Trump.

I still remember watching O'Reilly after Scott Walker won his first election and moved to break the unions prompting protest. He should videos of violent protests that had palm trees. Astute viewers were able to deduce that there are no palm trees native to Wisconsin. 

Just now, oblong said:

Here's a theory:

David Frum suggested that as well.

People love poring over the ratings numbers, but ratings are pretty hollow when the guy with the highest ratings isn't bringing in revenue and starts actually costing the network money.

• Like 1