Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

3 hours ago, pfife said:

My For You tab is full of Musk and MTG!  That's a solid ass algorithm 

Yup I went through a whack-a-mole thing of blocking Musk/MTG/etc a couple weeks ago. I think the only MAGA account I left alone is Nick Adams because he cracks me up and I can’t tell if it’s self parody. 

7 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Yup I went through a whack-a-mole thing of blocking Musk/MTG/etc a couple weeks ago. I think the only MAGA account I left alone is Nick Adams because he cracks me up and I can’t tell if it’s self parody. 

ever since you mentioned that a few weeks ago and it's so over the top it almost has to be.

17 hours ago, pfife said:

It's basically a self publishing site with monetization capabilities.

For some "journalists" it's a way to avoid censorship errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr editors.

I tend to associate it with the types of commentators who tend to comment on literally everything that happens regardless of their knowledge base (or lack thereof) on a given topic.

Think Matt Yglesias, for instance... I am not entirely clear what makes his opinions have more value than anyone elses, but nonetheless people will apparently separate themselves from their money for the ability to read them. 

Edited by mtutiger

I have blocked a lot of MAGAs including Musk and MTG, but others keep re-tweeting them.  I also muted all the people that have been saying for 7 years that Trump is in trouble, going to be indicted, going to jail.  It used to give me hope, but it now just depresses me because I know it will never happen.  

On 3/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, Tiger337 said:

I have blocked a lot of MAGAs including Musk and MTG, but others keep re-tweeting them.  I also muted all the people that have been saying for 7 years that Trump is in trouble, going to be indicted, going to jail.  It used to give me hope, but it now just depresses me because I know it will never happen.  

yeah - all kinds of reporting from NY State last week that an indictment was 'imminent', and thus far....crickets.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - all kinds of reporting from NY State last week that an indictment was 'imminent', and thus far....crickets.

Seth Abramson probably had a 234 tweetstorm explaining why it was to happen and that he details it all his whatever his new book will be. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

what was it?  Some sort of Soros thing? 

It was a post highlighting Kari Lake's tweet about "globalist elites", which, everyone who's even moderately up to date knows what that really means.

Interesting because Arizona is only slightly less Jewish than the US as a whole, and right on the money if you remove two states from the equation. A lot of Jews like to settle in that particular desert, so she must be punting on their support.