Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

My favorite phrase... which I would post on social media to my Trumpie friends and family but I don't do that anymore...

"ya'll got took"

But rather than admit they are wrong they will just double down and say Tucker is a RINO or establishment. 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Old enough to remember when the GOP would chide others for moral relativism.

That's the only world they live in right now.

Mortal relativism. 

Or "Moral" justification: ... they'll create their own definition of morality, subject to change at the drop of a dime (relativism) in order to justify their bullshit. I think the "justification" part is important.

They're engaging in heavy relativism in order to justify - anything - that they say or do.

And they have no justification for their actions or words. It's just despicable.

From JVL, Bullwerk

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/spoiler-fox-wins

And I have some bad news for you:

There will be no consequences for anyone involved.

None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Rupert Murdoch won’t be touched.

The prime time hosts won’t lose either viewers or their jobs. They won’t face any additional shame in their professional or personal lives.

The supposedly serious “news side” people, like Bret Baier, will still be given the benefit of the doubt, even by their peers in the mainstream. Democratic politicians will still go on their shows and treat them as though they are serious journalists.

No advertisers will pull their buys. No paid speaking gigs will be cancelled. No book sales will be diminished.

No one will even be put into timeout like Don Lemon was.1

Here I would remind you that Chris Cuomo had his entire media career destroyed because he gave a politician (his brother) back-channel advice concerning a specific incident without disclosing it.

Which is proper: What Cuomo did was 100 percent out of bounds. CNN was right to fire him. It’s good that no other mainstream outlet has hired him.

My point is that in the “liberal mainstream media,” Chris Cuomo got the professional equivalent of the death penalty for an offense that was a tiny fraction of the size of what happens up and down the line at Fox every forking day. And the Fox people will face zero consequences for their infinitely greater sins.

But, hey, the liberal mainstream media got the Covington kids story wrong for 24 hours, so, what are you gonna do, right? Both sides?

Bottom line, as a nation we're screwed

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

From JVL, Bullwerk

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/spoiler-fox-wins

And I have some bad news for you:

There will be no consequences for anyone involved.

None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Rupert Murdoch won’t be touched.

The prime time hosts won’t lose either viewers or their jobs. They won’t face any additional shame in their professional or personal lives.

The supposedly serious “news side” people, like Bret Baier, will still be given the benefit of the doubt, even by their peers in the mainstream. Democratic politicians will still go on their shows and treat them as though they are serious journalists.

No advertisers will pull their buys. No paid speaking gigs will be cancelled. No book sales will be diminished.

No one will even be put into timeout like Don Lemon was.1

Here I would remind you that Chris Cuomo had his entire media career destroyed because he gave a politician (his brother) back-channel advice concerning a specific incident without disclosing it.

Which is proper: What Cuomo did was 100 percent out of bounds. CNN was right to fire him. It’s good that no other mainstream outlet has hired him.

My point is that in the “liberal mainstream media,” Chris Cuomo got the professional equivalent of the death penalty for an offense that was a tiny fraction of the size of what happens up and down the line at Fox every forking day. And the Fox people will face zero consequences for their infinitely greater sins.

But, hey, the liberal mainstream media got the Covington kids story wrong for 24 hours, so, what are you gonna do, right? Both sides?

Bottom line, as a nation we're screwed

I chuckle when I hear anyone in media who believes Fox viewers would be horrified to learn they've been lied to about Dominion fixing votes for Democrats.

First of all, no matter how compelling the evidence is, they will never, ever come to admit or conclude that it's a lie. They think the whole Dominion suit is the real lie, and that the left-wing mainstream media and left-wing courts who are the lackey running dogs of the Biden Crime Family are all in on the conspiracy to continue to defraud them out of Trump's rightful win. And they think that because they've been told that by people they trust.

Secondly, they don't watch media like Fox News to get the unvarnished truth, anyway. They go to hear what they want to hear, period. They don't want information that tastes like bitter kale. They want disinformation that tastes like cotton candy.

Holding up Fox News to shame for, I guess, abrogating their journalistic ethics, or whatever, is a complete joke, and Fox is laughing at that joke all the way to the bank.

Edited by chasfh
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Love all the people mocking her for this... I'm guessing that most Americans, to their credit, aren't all that familiar with Substack.

Yeah that’s the twitter echo chamber that thinks it’s real life.  I just asked my wife if she knew what it was. Had no idea.  I texted a friend the same question.  No clue. Both highly educated professionals. 

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Love all the people mocking her for this... I'm guessing that most Americans, to their credit, aren't all that familiar with Substack.

All I know is if something is on substack I completely hate it

14 hours ago, oblong said:

Yeah that’s the twitter echo chamber that thinks it’s real life.  I just asked my wife if she knew what it was. Had no idea.  I texted a friend the same question.  No clue. Both highly educated professionals. 

It's so odd considering how frequently many of these same people will accuse anyone outside of the MAGA fold of being out of touch... like, most normal people, to their credit, aren't on Twitter and aren't reading the generally self-important writings of those who earn their living writing on Substack.

Like most things, it just seems like projection to me.

I sometimes encounter Substack when I am doing searches for work.  I wouldn't expect most people to know what it is.  I am not even sure what it is other than an occasional source of obscure Stata commands and how to use them.  

Edited by Tiger337

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How come Fox News is allowed to have a lean, but something like Twitter can't? 

It's a private company, they can do what they want.  Nobody ever said it was fair or had to be fair. 

Don't like it?  Start an alternative.   

Or Sirius XM or the Standard Oil Company or Microsoft.

Has anyone else’s Twitter feed been especially weird lately? The “for you” tab was a combination of people I followed, junk, and some good content mixed it. Now it’s none of that, and no one I follow and no one I’m interested in following. And these two friggin’ guys are ALWAYS at the top of my feed, back-to-back. 

64EAF812-E2A3-4C0B-B323-25B293758602.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Has anyone else’s Twitter feed been especially weird lately? The “for you” tab was a combination of people I followed, junk, and some good content mixed it. Now it’s none of that, and no one I follow and no one I’m interested in following. And these two friggin’ guys are ALWAYS at the top of my feed, back-to-back. 

64EAF812-E2A3-4C0B-B323-25B293758602.jpeg

My For You tab is full of Musk and MTG!  That's a solid ass algorithm