Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

21 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

It would be intense if somewhat who understood what it meant said it, but she's a moron.  

That being said, I think interviewing her on 60 Minutes is a mistake.  It seems like a good way for a very long-running show to lose a lot of credibility.  

I'll be interested to see the degree to which they normalize her, or don't. There is a bit of a danger in interviewing her as a normal person and then filleting her during the rest of the segment.

NASA is announcing the crews that will go back to the moon this year, for the first time in 50 years.  I thought maybe it would be on CNN.

They're showing us live shots of Florida of a former President who is travelling to NY, as if it's the fucking OJ SImpson Bronco chase.

7 hours ago, oblong said:

NASA is announcing the crews that will go back to the moon this year, for the first time in 50 years.  I thought maybe it would be on CNN.

They're showing us live shots of Florida of a former President who is travelling to NY, as if it's the fucking OJ SImpson Bronco chase.

I've seen enough of LaGuardia from the inside... not sure why I'd want to see overhead shots of it for hours on end haha

21 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

like 2016 all over again

While I generally agree with Mary Trump, I don't really trust her.  I think she is still upset because her father (Dump's brother) didn't get any money when Trump Sr died.  I read her book and the whole family sounds miserable.  It sounds like they all hate each other.  

But MTG is a creep and Stahl is an opportunist, so whatever.  

Edited by Tiger337

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I really don’t think anyone can run a business as bad as he has with Twitter. It’s funny but also depressing. This was a great platform (not without its faults). I saw that he’s asking users to help improve the algorithms for free because he has no one left at the company to do it. Sadly pathetic. 

Sorry Mark, butte fact is your chosen medium is as outdated as standard transmissions with the shifter on the column. AM radio died in the 90s with a few dinosaurs left..

Much like you and your cohorts shows...

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/mark-levin-accuses-auto-manufacturers-of-removing-am-radio-to-attack-conservative-talk-shows/

Talk show host Mark Levin accused auto manufacturers of removing AM radio from vehicles as an “attack” on conservative talk shows.

Levin made his comments on the Friday edition of The Mark Levin Show, which was then circulated via Media Matters.

Levin’s conversation initially centered on the push for more people to buy electric cars. Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without AM radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles’ operating systems.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Sorry Mark, butte fact is your chosen medium is as outdated as standard transmissions with the shifter on the column. AM radio died in the 90s with a few dinosaurs left..

Much like you and your cohorts shows...

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/mark-levin-accuses-auto-manufacturers-of-removing-am-radio-to-attack-conservative-talk-shows/

Talk show host Mark Levin accused auto manufacturers of removing AM radio from vehicles as an “attack” on conservative talk shows.

Levin made his comments on the Friday edition of The Mark Levin Show, which was then circulated via Media Matters.

Levin’s conversation initially centered on the push for more people to buy electric cars. Electric cars and even some hybrid models are being manufactured without AM radios due to electrical interference with the vehicles’ operating systems.

Victim culture run amok.

When I heard about that I did consider the impact on talk radio.

The only time I've used it is to find a game. In fact I was 31 months into a lease before looking for the first time earlier this spring when the Tigers were on.

We don't even have an active radio in the house.  I have an old "boom box" in the garage sitting on a shelf.  I am not sure my 22 year old son has ever even used a radio outside of the car.

There are still a few of us around who remember having to fight to have FM radios installed in their vehicles. The dealers would do it for a price $$. There was also the     less expensive FM Converter option. 

Now that virtually every vehicle has some version of wireless connection, all radios are becoming obsolete.

49 minutes ago, oblong said:

When I heard about that I did consider the impact on talk radio.

The only time I've used it is to find a game. In fact I was 31 months into a lease before looking for the first time earlier this spring when the Tigers were on.

We don't even have an active radio in the house.  I have an old "boom box" in the garage sitting on a shelf.  I am not sure my 22 year old son has ever even used a radio outside of the car.

In the last 20 yrs I don't think I have used AM radio for anything but a ball game and the Tigers are on FM - so I don't care! And the funny thing is the Tiger AM radio network around the state is so poor now that if I am traveling I have better luck getting a game though cellular via gameday.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

In the last 20 yrs I don't think I have used AM radio for anything but a ball game and the Tigers are on FM - so I don't care! And the funny thing is the Tiger AM radio network around the state is so poor now that if I am traveling I have better luck getting a game though cellular via gameday.

yeah.  I usually just revert to my CarPlay and use the MLB app when I want to listen anyway as it's easier to navigate from the on screen controls.

My mother in law will not be happy if her next car doesn't have AM.  I can already hear the complaining.  "Patriot Radio"

3 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

There are still a few of us around who remember having to fight to have FM radios installed in their vehicles. The dealers would do it for a price $$. There was also the     less expensive FM Converter option. 

Now that virtually every vehicle has some version of wireless connection, all radios are becoming obsolete.

My first car, a '73 Vega, had AM-only installed in it and I got a cheap converter aftermarket unit installed so I could get FM (in glorious mono).

My mother, on the other hand ... when the lot of us were passing through our teenage years and many of us would borrow her car for whatever reason (our dad would never, ever, ever even consider letting us borrow his car), she actually paid extra to remove the standard AM/FM stereo to replace it with AM-only radio. Two reasons: (1) she hated when her sons would borrow the car and leave the station on WABX going full blast when she started it up; and (2) she didn't particularly care for music, anyway, so she had no use for that newfangled FM.

Edited by chasfh

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

Maybe Fox offers up 2 billion in exchange for confidentiality.

No question Fox will try to offer Dominion enough $$ to make the company's head spin - enough to make it very hard to for them to demand a trial for some unspecified corrective performance. I want this case to go to trial because I think the Sullivan doctrine is eating American Democracy at its core by removing any and all recourse to the distribution of outright lies and while the odds are slim, this case at least has a chance to lead to some trimming of the expansive protection Sullivan gives outright liars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I do too.  As I think about it by offering up an obscene amount you also play into Dominions hands more because if they reject then you lose the “they are only suing for money” card with the jury. If that were true then they’d settle obviously.  But then again does Dominion have a responsibility for any of their shareholders to recoup any financial losses they claim to have incurred?  

Dominion by going to trial is performing a public service.