Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

33 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

so this a.m. they were plugging Tucker's content for 8:00 pm, so this was sudden

I would take that to mean it was an on the spot decision by Rupert or Lachan. I'd guess at some point this AM somebody put a number in front of one/both of them that motivated a call.

Just now, romad1 said:

I think Lemon is right here.  That the guy he is interviewing is obnoxious. 

The morning show is maybe not the place where CNN wants that level of contention, but then you shouldn't book that guest. But he deserved the pushback - if there is a bigger problem in US jounalism today than giving BS a free ride I don't know what it is.

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lemon was in the right but CNN is shifting right so they can't challenge the right wingers they choose to have on the show. 

Yeah - Licht is trouble. He thinks there is some triangulation between truth and falsehood waiting to be found. He's wrong. 

He labors under the same illusions as Desantis. Trumpism Lite is a losing proposition. You don't attract any of Trump's audience by pampering their addictions to fantasy because you can't do that better than Trump or Tucker or whatever talking heads real RW media puts out there. 

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Does Tucker wait a week before he goes to work for RT? 

I was just coming in to post this very thing, minus the waiting a week part. *ucker would be an incredible get for them because he is already an established star there, and Murdoch would **** an entire brick because a third of Fox's audience would go to RT with *ucker.

The only thing I can imagine that might prevent it is that it would shine a huge light on Russia's control ... or influence, if you prefer ... of America's right wing media in a manner way too obvious even for them.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

I think Lemon is right here.  That the guy he is interviewing is obnoxious. 

If this interview played a role, than he was on some extremely thin ice already.  Which legitimately he should have been.  

That said, this is classic primetime cable news bull****, which i'm told CNN doesn't want to be a part of in primetime, let alone their morning show.  He doesn't listen to the guys response, granted a producer is in his ear causing that, tells him to explain again and gets a paraphrased response when he asks for him to explain again.  Granted that's not Lemon's fault, but then he goes on to say the guy is wrong because he was discounting reconstruction and other things done after the civil war, then completing contradicts himself saying blacks hadn't received their rights which is why the civil rights era started.

As for the NRA training black people how to shoot, I don't know, but historically the NRA was nothing like it was today.  Early on it definitely had much less to do with politics and more to do with promoting (accurate) shooting.  Is this guy over valuing the NRA in terms of civil rights, quite possibly, but I can assure you Lemon has no clue when he says it's an absolute lie that they had no involvement. 

35 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He was making money off him.  Now, he's losing money because of him.  

Totally agreed. My comment was about the hypocrisy and/or naivete of the tweet, that Murdoch acted out of concern that *ucker promoted the insurrection—something he had been doing for 27 months straight, along with numerous other air heads who have done the same and are still employed there at this very minute—as though he did/they are doing so against Murdoch's will. That is an asinine idea on its face, and this kind of coy, even cute mealy-mouthing in the face of such blatant obviousness is a big pet peeve of mine.

If there is anything Murdoch is concerned about here, it is not about the coverage itself, which by allowing it to go on for over two years he's demonstrated he clearly had no problem with. It's only the blowback he cares about. LA Times should be better than that.

41 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was reading various comments about him becoming more powerful than ever.  That is the most lamentably lazy bull****.  Megyn Kelly, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews all would like a word.

yup. The ol' Obi-Wan-Kenobi threat. That one he made to Vader turned out to be a pretty empty.  He didn't do squat arcross 8 more movies beside rent space in Skywalkers head.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1