Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

27 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Seems true. 

Just think—Trump becomes president again, then all this is going to happen in America, too. And perhaps all you’ll have to be at that point is a liberal or a declared, avowed Never-Trumper. #AlarmistNon-Sense 

Edited by chasfh

I mention this a lot, I know, but each morning Fox 2 News has to do their corporate duty and air a propaganda segment from the parent company.  You can tell they give the anchors the questions to ask because it's so out of place for what I know of Jay Towers to come up with these on his own, not a knock against him but just not his wheelhouse, same for Ryan Ermani or whoever else is in the chair that day.   I'm sure Fox does this with all their corporate stations, it's a showcase for their national talent to look smart.  You can tell they know the answers already because they are talking fast and nobody is that well prepared.

In a clip on the upcoming race they show a side by side of Trump and Biden.  For Trump he's standing behind a podium with the POTUS seal.  Biden's clip is from the 2020 campaign.  That's subtle but intentional.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Notice how the people making these ridiculous claims never include the receipt?   

I was in the Newark airport in May. It was a layover before flying to Aruba.  On the way down we got breakfast sandwiches and juice.  I just looked at my AMEX from that time,  $33.04.  On the way back we got dinner, just burgers/sandwiches.  Don't think I had a real drink.  That was $53.25.  This was for two people mind you.

22 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

Rupert may have abandoned the title, but I'm willing to bet he still pulls the strings

I suspect Rupert truly is out.  Lachlin is believed to be one of the earliest non-supporters of Trump on the channel, but he's also considered to be more conservative than Rupert, so it feels like a crapshoot in determining how this will play out.

Here are two very opposite interpretations of the same WaPo article. Take your pick:

Separate thought: I may never live to see if even if it does come out, but I wonder when we might ever learn that dozens or hundreds of GOP politicos sprinkled throughout the America landscape had been on the direct payroll of the Kremlin? We'd probably have to go through a whole cycle of fascist right wing takeover and domination, complete remaking of the denuded American liberal democratic political system, their downfall by whatever means, and full reconciliation and redress before we get to that point. It's probably decades from now, if ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Here are two very opposite interpretations of the same WaPo article. Take your pick:

Separate thought: I may never live to see if even if it does come out, but I wonder when we might ever learn that dozens or hundreds of GOP politicos sprinkled throughout the America landscape had been on the direct payroll of the Kremlin? We'd probably have to go through a whole cycle of fascist right wing takeover and domination, complete remaking of the denuded American liberal democratic political system, their downfall by whatever means, and full reconciliation and redress before we get to that point. It's probably decades from now, if ever.

the key repository of the information is in Moscow.