Week Fifteen: Detroit Lions (6-7) @ New York Jets (7-6)

MichiganCardinal

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What's going on? 

I don't understand. 

Am I awake? 

What do we do? 

What does one do when their football team is good?   I don't understand. 

What happened? 

How is this possible? 

Is this heaven? 

Am I dead?  

Who invented liquid soap and why? 

image.gif.178e24d1400e2a8b82c92a95387013e8.gif

• Like 1

Huge character win for these young guys, these are the type of games they're going to have to play in order to take the next step in their development winning on the road when they aren't at their best. 

Great win obviously but they have to do something about this secondary either by scheme or personnel because they lose WAY too many deep 50/50 balls, almost every single time. They need to tighten that up because the defense is playing well otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Well...winning when a team misses a FG was certainly...cathartic

I'm just now thinking in 20-20 hindsight...

They HEAVILY overloaded the Left Side (Jets rightside) of the Line...

Did they influence Zeurlein to avoid them and kick it too far to the inside left (Jets side) of the FG? Because, it started left, and straight, and kept going left until it missed to the left...

NAW!!! I must be IMAGINING that...!

RIGHT?!?! (to anyone in general...)

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Bigger picture, they really need the Commanders to win tonight. Both the Hawks and Giants will have their hands full with the Chiefs and Jags next week 

Really? I was thinking of cheering for the Giants. Given their schedules and given that I think NYG is a bit better team, I more like the chances of the Commanders losing at least one of their final 3 games. 

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

Campbell and Johnson protected Goff today. He got to uncork one deep shot and underthrew Jaymo by a yard. The 4th and inches play design was genius. 

They got him to play largely mistake free football and game manage. While it wasn't sexy and allowed things to stay close throughout, they didn't force Goff to do too much.