Week Fifteen: Detroit Lions (6-7) @ New York Jets (7-6)

MichiganCardinal

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Maybe Washington's magic is running out. They have games against San Francisco, Cleveland and Dallas. Not an easy remaining schedule.

And Seattle plays in K.C. and then Jets and Rams at home. We may be rooting for the Rams. 

Giants play at the Vikings, home against Indy and then at Philadelphia. 

Lions could win out and still not make it, in theory. But they could always lose one and still get in, in theory.

14 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

And Seattle plays in K.C. and then Jets and Rams at home. We may be rooting for the Rams. 

Lions could win out and still not make it, in theory. But they could always lose one and still get in, in theory.

I really hope Mike White gets healthy for that Seattle game.

6 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Top 5 QB passing yard games vs. Jets defense this year:

Joe Burrow: 275
Jared Goff: 252
Mac Jones: 246
Aaron Rodgers: 246
Jacoby Brissett: 229

Impressive defense. Good job by Campbell and Johnson of protecting Goff from it. 20% of Goff's passing yards came on the one big play. 

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Very unlikely that they win out and aren't in. That would mean that two of the three teams ahead of them swept their games. Next week alone, all of the Giants, Commanders and Seahawks are going to be big underdogs against Minny, San Fran and K.C. respectively. They could all easily lose those games and the Lions would control their destiny if they beat Carolina on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's very conceivable the Lions are in the playoffs by this time next week.

And not only are they playing like one of the top 7 NFC teams right now, on a neutral field I think Philly is the only NFC team I'd clearly favor over the Lions. Of course if the Lions do make the playoffs they won't be playing on neutral fields, but still.

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

And not only are they playing like one of the top 7 NFC teams right now, on a neutral field I think Philly is the only NFC team I'd clearly favor over the Lions. Of course if the Lions do make the playoffs they won't be playing on neutral fields, but still.

come on now, the niners and cowboys are favorites and the vikes are likely a slight favorite too.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think in some ways we want the Giants to win to keep pressure on Dallas since Dallas faces Washington at the end of the season. Dallas will want that 5th seed.

Not yet I don’t think. If they win next week sure, but them going 0-3 against the Vikings, Colts, and Eagles wouldn’t be the craziest thing in the world, and it would be a roundabout way for us to get in at 9-8.

I look at the schedule for Washington, Seattle and New York and do not see either of them going 3-0. I very much see the Lions capable of going 3-0. This game against the Jets was a test. They went on the road in December against a good team fighting to stay in the playoffs and won. The game I worry the most about is Green Bay. Hopefully they already clinch by then.