Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Lions also had a higher DVOA and ELO rating. Really there was nothing to indicate that the Seahawks were any better than the Lions other than a 3pt victory at a time in the season where the Lions defense was playing at its worst and the offense was missing most of their playmakers. 

Lions were without St Brown, Swift and Chark. Still hung 45 on them. 

18 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

We really arguing this?

Last I checked geno smith is still their QB. Seattle won’t make the playoffs this coming year. Detroit will.

Book it. 

how many weeks until you want campbell fired?  

o/u is 1.5.  🙂

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Tiebreakers. It's the same rules that allowed Tampa to go to the playoffs with a worse record than the Lions. 

Exactly. And head to head Seattle proved on the field it was the better team. 

Maybe someday they will use power rankings for tiebreakers instead of head to head results, but according to the NFL’s rules, and on the field, Seattle was the better team last year.

I think Detroit will beat Seattle this year (at Ford Field) and I certainly don’t think Seattle will score 48 on Detroit again. The only point I’m making, though, is that it is foolish to assume that Detroit is  categorically better than Seattle. 

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Speaks of how little they think of him if the Browns offer was at all comparable and they sent him to a likely conference rival.

I don't think you can eliminate half the teams in teh league as a trade partner. 

5 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

No, but I do think that if you’re trading someone you’re worried will burn you, you may aim away a little.

I mean i think worried someone may burn you in a playoff game that may or may not happen is aiming a bit too far and eliminating any team as a trade partner. 

Its one thing to not trade in a division that you are guaranteed to play twice. 

We don't play the Eagles until 2024/25 minus a playoff game that could or not happen. If we're not trading off injured running backs to teams like that, it eliminates 31 other teams. 

21 hours ago, buddha said:

bridgewater would be better.

Bridgewater is probably holding out for a starting spot, even if he's a (pardon the pun) bridge to another QB like Richardson just for example. Even though the Lions look playoff bound, I think we are a second choice "type" of team compared to a starting gig, if he can get one.