2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

I would love to get Buxton if we had the firepower to get him but only if our medical staff had confidence in him cause like Correa he has missed alot of time but unlike Correa some of his injuries worry me long term namely the concussion issue. He has missed time due to concussions and migraine headaches and that worries me but I'm not a doctor so if a Doctor checked him out and thought it wasn't something to be concerned with long term I would love to get him and sign him long term. With that said I know that it would be a pipe dream cause even if he checked out and we wanted to I don't think we have the ammunition unless we were willing to part with Tork or Greene and more and I don't see that happening. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

52 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The announcement will come tomorrow.  The press conference will be 11am Monday with Correa, E-Rod and Zack Greinke  (I'm going big here)

I'd be suprised. Most people try to avoid making announcements during thanksgiving week cause few people are paying attention to news. In this case, its often hunting week. If you are holding the PC to drive up support, i.e. season tickets, but people are out doing other things, the likley hood of them being acitng on emotion dwindles. 

10 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

"You will join us or we will crush your hopes and dreams. Verlander didn't listen, Kate will dump him momentarily." - AJ Hinch at brunch with Carlos Correa.

“Carlos, if the Tigers’ organization does a good job, we’re going to reestablish ourselves as a winning franchise and develop a winning culture. If you want to be a part of it, then you’ll come. If you don’t, then we’ll beat you.”

Since I just posted that horrific post lets make it up for a positive one. Once we sign Correa and when Tork and Riley put up ROY type seasons this is what our lineup could look like next year.

Greene

Correa

Candy

Tork

Miggy

Schoop

Grossman

Barnhart

Baddoo/Hill/Reyes/Cameron

That's a pretty damn good looking lineup, especially if Miggy hits like he did towards the end of the year and Baddoo turns out not to be a fluke. 

34 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Since I just posted that horrific post lets make it up for a positive one. Once we sign Correa and when Tork and Riley put up ROY type seasons this is what our lineup could look like next year.

Greene

Correa

Candy

Tork

Miggy

Schoop

Grossman

Barnhart

That's a pretty damn good looking lineup, especially if Miggy hits like he did towards the end of the year and Baddoo turns out not to be a fluke. 

I was thinking about a lineup this morning, specifically with respect to Correa.  It is a credit to the depth of Houston's lineup, but it seems crazy to look at Correa's history and note that he's batted 5th/6th in the lineup more than higher  lineup in recent seasons.

And I'm with you, I would bet Greene & Torkelson are making the team out of camp.  It'll be interesting to see how Hinch & Co incorporate them into the lineup once they do make their debuts.  Will he throw them into the fire or will he slot them so as not to put too much pressure on them?

43 minutes ago, casimir said:

I was thinking about a lineup this morning, specifically with respect to Correa.  It is a credit to the depth of Houston's lineup, but it seems crazy to look at Correa's history and note that he's batted 5th/6th in the lineup more than higher  lineup in recent seasons.

Meeting the requisite money/years is always gonna be the biggest factor in his decision, but I still think one thing that Detroit gives him that he didn't have in Houston (and wouldn't have most other places) is the chance to be *the* guy. Like, he'll probably be batting somewhere in the 2-4 slot and, at least for the first couple of years, he'd get to be the face of the franchise.

That may or my not matter much, but it seems like a nice benefit 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KL2 said:

I'd be suprised. Most people try to avoid making announcements during thanksgiving week cause few people are paying attention to news. In this case, its often hunting week. If you are holding the PC to drive up support, i.e. season tickets, but people are out doing other things, the likley hood of them being acitng on emotion dwindles. 

So, announce it today!

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Greene

Correa

Candy

Tork

Miggy

Schoop

Grossman

Barnhart

that's a lot of additional pressure on Greene and Tork right out of the gate, but not crazy to think they could get it done. maybe start with this.

Grossman (S)

Candy (S)

Correra (R)

Miggy (R)

Greene (L)

Schoop (R)

Tork (R)

Barnhart (L) / Haase (R)

Baddoo (L) / Hill (R)

Edited by RatkoVarda