Lions vs Bengals - 10/17/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm of the opinion that the Lions are the worse run franchise in all 4 of the big American sports. 

I can't think of one that's been worse.  There have been other teams with shorter periods of mismanagement and failure but the Lion's record does speak for itself. You could go back to the Norris era of Wings ownership maybe - but even that was short term compared to the Ford reign of futility. There was some optimism that SHF was going to be an improvement but her poor handling of QuinTricia leaves it an open question whether she's the person to turn this ship around.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I can't think of one that's been worse.  There have been other teams with shorter periods of mismanagement and failure but the Lion's record does speak for itself. You could go back to the Norris era of Wings ownership maybe - but even that was short term compared to the Ford reign of futility. There was some optimism that SHF was going to be an improvement but her poor handling of QuinTricia leaves it an open question whether she's the person to turn this ship around.

there is no question that the lions are the worst franchise in american sports history.  they play in a league specifically designed to achieve parity and make it easy for bad teams to get better.  in that time, they have won one playoff game.

ONE!

its amazing how terrible they are.  no one else is close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

there is no question that the lions are the worst franchise in american sports history.  they play in a league specifically designed to achieve parity and make it easy for bad teams to get better.  in that time, they have won one playoff game.

ONE!

its amazing how terrible they are.  no one else is close.

I go back to the decision not to fire Quinn and Patricia before the 2020 draft. Any hope I had for the 'next generation' of Ford ownership pretty much dissolved then.

Edited by gehringer_2

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Has there been a Lions head coach that went on to be a head coach for another NFL team? If not, that's amazing by itself. I used to got looked at with pity for being a Lions fan, now people just ask "Why?" 😅😅

i dont think so.

a lot of their assistants have.  most famously a couple of guys names shula and belicheck.

21 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont think so.

Technically, the answer is yes.

Dick Jauron took over for Steve Mariucci when Mariucci was fired mid-way during the 2005 season.

Jauron finished the 2005 season with a 1 - 4 record.

Jauron then went on to coach the Buffalo Bills for several seasons.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Well, Sheila didn't take over until after the draft and she did fire everybody and hired proven talent evaluators. 

you think Martha was still doing much at that point? SFH was already pretty much leading mom around by then wasn't she? You suppose she walked in cold the day the papers were signed?

It's possible. Mike Ilitch was making bad decisions right till the end......:classic_huh:

Edited by gehringer_2