05/31/2023 1:10 pm EDT Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Vest-Foley-Lange are pretty darn good.

I had tomorrow starred as big transaction day, but injuries have changed that and Ibanez and Schoop may be spared for now

Twins play Astros tonight and if they lose, Tigers and Twins will be tied in loss column (again)

Rangers must feel pretty stupid offering big money FA contracts the last 2 winters only to find themselves in ...1st place.

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Even though it had only been two losses, with the big E-Rod and Greene injury news the past few days this felt like a stop-the-bleeding win.

Indeed! A good win for the team. It will not be easy, as roster was stretched/reaching before, but IF they can play 'close' to .500 this next month+, there could be some semblance of interest/hope for much of the remainder.

There are going to be injuries for ALL teams. Opportunities for some younger players here and we may pick up another vet or two. With said some should be coming back as well from the IL - dare I say it - it is always more fun to have hope in July+...  🫢  🙂

McKinstry is a good baseball player.  He played that carom perfectly and then threw a seed into second base.  He looks comfortable at third and at second base too.  In other words all the things that Willi and Harold could not do.  I'd like to see him start at second every day.

Jake Marisnick is the third of the four “think” players named in this post as being the level of player we can pick up and try that we have actually picked up and tried.

Keep your eyes peeled for Johan Camargo.

Edited by chasfh

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Not second guessing Austin’s situation, because I think mental health is generally not treated respectfully, but you have to wonder if the deluge of injuries will have any impact on his ability to get back sooner. Also, if Parker gets called up, would that help?

Again, I’m in no position to understand the challenges he’s facing, but he is still out there.

He is completely off my radar. I will be honestly surprised if he comes back to baseball and produces positive results for the Tigers.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

He is completely off my radar. I will be honestly surprised if he comes back to baseball and produces positive results for the Tigers.

I don’t know about today but I think A. Meadows was in the dugout last night.  Maybe a good sign?