Week Two: Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

MichiganCardinal

3 minutes ago, number20 said:

Goff's pick 6 was the difference

Hard to blame Goff when he played a great game otherwise.

The biggest mistake of the game was Campbell going for it in his own territory when up in the game. I know the defense is awful but you there's a time and place to be aggressive and that wasn't it.

The Jalen Carter argument is stupid, we all know why the Lions didn't draft him and it wasn't because they didn't think he was a great player. You can't fault a team for not drafting a guy who they feel has character concerns and motivation concerns. If we drafted him and he turned into a lazy slob who takes games off people would be bitching and moaning about it for years. 

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

you had the best defensive tackle prospect in a decade fall into your laps and instead you drafted a running back and linebacker.

That could prove to be a fatal mistake by Holmes (Carter looks dominant) as well as the Jamo trade up although I still have faith in Jamo. The two 2nd round D-linemen are walking band aids as well (Levi and Paschal).

Edited by NYLion

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That's on Aaron Glenn's scheme and the fact that Holmes still has yet to address any sort of interior pass rush. You can say Levi, but he's been a total bust thus far.

jalen carter had the most pressures in the league in week one.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’m not all about overreaction city. But it’s just stupid mistakes that are costing them. Turn over the ball, lose football games. Easy as that.

Pete Carroll had a phenomenal game plan but the Lions were the more talented team and still lost. Gotta square that damn quick.

how were the lions more talented?  the seahawks were better up front on both sides of the ball.

the lions really need jamo to work out.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’m not all about overreaction city. But it’s just stupid mistakes that are costing them. Turn over the ball, lose football games. Easy as that.

Pete Carroll had a phenomenal game plan but the Lions were the more talented team and still lost. Gotta square that damn quick.

Three turnovers. And they still almost won. 

Was alarming that they could not get to Smith with two starting OTs out. But Jerry Jacobs got picked on all day. Moseley can’t get here soon enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Are the Lions really more talented? The Seahawks have one of the more talented teams in the league especially at the skill positions. The Lions did get badly outcoached though, that much was obvious.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Well we can chalk up the Packers as pretenders since they lost to the Falcons today cause you're not allowed to lose games in the NFL anymore.

It’s that the lions keep losing the same way. Horrible defense. Poor execution. This was the most same ole lions game of all time. 

5 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Hard to blame Goff when he played a great game otherwise.

The biggest mistake of the game was Campbell going for it in his own territory when up in the game. I know the defense is awful but you there's a time and place to be aggressive and that wasn't it.

He did, but if he doesn't throw that pic I think they win - despite all the other failings. It changed the game

Just now, buddha said:

lets not let dan campbell off the hook.  you had the ball in your hands with a chance to win in regulation and your clock management was ultra conservative.  

I do agree with this, I did not like the decision to basically play for the tie at the end at all. For starters a FG isn't guaranteed anyway and for another I'd rather not take my chances in OT where a coin flip is so important. I'd rather try to control my destiny and win the game in regulation. 

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

It’s that the lions keep losing the same way. Horrible defense. Poor execution. This was the most same ole lions game of all time. 

Bad defense and poor execution is why most teams lose their games. I mean if you play good defense and execute well you generally aren't in position to lose the game. 

• Like 1

Bad defense and poor execution is why most teams lose their games. I mean if you play good defense and execute well you generally aren't in position to lose the game. 

Yes. And it hasn’t improved in 3 years. Lions have better talent, but the execution and defense has been the same. Exactly the same. 

Well we can chalk up the Packers as pretenders since they lost to the Falcons today cause you're not allowed to lose games in the NFL anymore.

losing a game is one thing, getting dominated up front by seattle's backup offensive line and getting picked apart AGAIN by geno smith is another.

to me this raises real questions about everyone on that dline.  our vaunted "dline depth" doesnt mean **** if 1) they are hurt every week (j okwara, levi, paschal), or 2) you have a bunch of guys are just ok.  the fact that you have A LOT of guys who are just ok isnt optimal.  they need more than hutch.

and they had a chance for two star players and they decided to draft a third down back instead.  calijah kancey was there at 18 and they drafted a linebacker.

this is on brad holmes and aaron glenn.

• Like 1