Week Seven: Detroit Lions (5-1) @ Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

MichiganCardinal

I think this will be a tough game for reasons that I’ve said throughout the lead-up. I think there are three keys to the game, all three of which we need to hit on to win.

1. Contain Lamar. He can’t be allowed to extend plays for lots of defensive holding, and he can’t be allowed to extend drives on 3rd down. Need to have him in check from start to end.

2. Gibbs’ breakout game. I think he’s ready for a big game. They’ll still have him on something of a snap count, but I expect him to be the true lead back for the first time. He doesn’t need a 100-yard game, but he needs to hit the hole and get the first down.

3. Offensive line needs to rise to the occasion (again). The Ravens have a really good defense and their pass rush is one of the best in the league. They need to play to potential and keep Goff’s uniform clean.

Ultimately I think we play a strong game but come up just short.

Ravens 24

Lions 23

Because I don't think they're going 16-1, I am thinking this is a loss. 

It's a tough ask to go on the road when we really don't know who's going to run between the tackles, even the guys they go with are banged up. 

Ravens 27, Lions 23

But if they win this game, if they pull this one off.........we could be seeing a 14-3 team this year.