NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

26 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't know if it was on purpose or not but I found it amusing seeing so many jerseys from former Lions. Stafford of course due to the video but also saw a few Barry's, Calvin Johnson, Jahvid Best and even Joey Harrington. Hell not a Lions jersey but also saw Justin Herbert jersey for some reason, like wtf? we didn't even play the Chargers at home so why sport that to a Lions game? The only current players I saw was 1 Hutchinson walking with a guy with the Stafford jersey and 1 Goff. 

I really don't understand the Marthew and Kelly Stafford hate. If somehow the Lions lose and the Rams go to Dallas, I definitely want them to win. Yes, he's the opposing QB this week but I spent over a decade rooting for the guy. And IMO, he handled the trade very well, he made sure we were compensated for trading his talents elsewhere. And that really got our rebuild off to a great start.

Of course Stafford handled the trade well, he asked the Lions to trade him to the Rams. On the way out, Kelly said living in Michigan was like living in a dictatorship. She's called out fans and teammates. She isn't even liked by Rams fans. It's time to move on. We have a new QB whose taken us to a place Stafford never did. It's time to get over our ex-girlfriend. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

I really don't understand the Marthew and Kelly Stafford hate. If somehow the Lions lose and the Rams go to Dallas, I definitely want them to win. Yes, he's the opposing QB this week but I spent over a decade rooting for the guy. And IMO, he handled the trade very well, he made sure we were compensated for trading his talents elsewhere. And that really got our rebuild off to a great start.

I don't think people are saying that you should hate Stafford in general, hell remember how many people were pulling for him and the Rams a couple years ago but that you shouldn't celebrate or cheer for him against the Lions in a game of this magnitude. He's gone and while I have no problem rooting or celebrating former players I'm not going to do that in a game as big as this one.

As for Kelly, I really don't follow her social media, the only things I know about her are from the snippets that people post but from what I seen she does come across as really annoying. But again don't know enough about her to say too many negative things about her.

Also I soured on Stafford when he said something of the effect of "This is the first big game I played in my career" when talking about the Rams playoffs a couple years ago. As if he didn't play in 3 playoff games for the Lions and another 3 or 4 that were for division championships...he of course lost them all though. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

i'll always like stafford.  if the lions cant win, i want the rams to win.

but i want him to lose today.

Don't want to think about losing but if the Lions were to lose I'd be pulling for SF, not that I like them really but along with the Bucs I probably dislike them least out of the teams that will be left in the NFC. I like Stafford but hate McVay and just don't like LA "fans" don't think they deserve to get another Super Bowl.  The Cowboys and Packers hate is self explanatory and while I don't hate them I strongly dislike the Eagles as well. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Don't want to think about losing but if the Lions were to lose I'd be pulling for SF, not that I like them really but along with the Bucs I probably dislike them least out of the teams that will be left in the NFC. I like Stafford but hate McVay and just don't like LA "fans" don't think they deserve to get another Super Bowl.  The Cowboys and Packers hate is self explanatory and while I don't hate them I strongly dislike the Eagles as well. 

Yes, backing into a favorite.  I agree with your logic/feelings.  And was a fan of the Montana/Young teams, so I can get behind SF.

34 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I really don't understand the Matthew and Kelly Stafford hate. If somehow the Lions lose and the Rams go to Dallas, I definitely want them to win. Yes, he's the opposing QB this week but I spent over a decade rooting for the guy. And IMO, he handled the trade very well, he made sure we were compensated for trading his talents elsewhere. And that really got our rebuild off to a great start.

I haven't seen anything that equates to hatred.

More of a "It's time to move on" stream of messages, rather than abject hatred.

I'm taking that video above as... comedy. And it is pretty funny. As long as Matt & Kelly are not subjected to anyone at the game who is a true A-Hole but rather just people who "rib" them good-naturedly... would be my preference.

I expect us to win. But if we lose, I could get behind another Stafford/ Rams Super Bowl run...

Or maybe the 49'ers? I could get behind a "Underdog Mr. Irrelevant Purdy" run too...

Undecided.

But I still love Matthew Stafford and have no ill feeling towards him.

But, again, my QB/ Team today is Jared Goff/ Lions... not Stafford.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Let’s Go Pack!  

I feel dirty!

You want the Packers for another home playoff game should the Lions get past the Rams?

I'm wanting a rematch with Dallas

Edited by number20

18 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I like Stafford but I do think my appreciation has lessened after seeing Goff do what he couldn’t in 1/4 of the time.

But it's not just a credit to Goff or an insult to Stafford. I think Matthew would have success with this Lions team and coaching staff. He never had that in Detroit. 

Just now, number20 said:

You want the Packers for another home playoff game should Lions get past the Rams?

I'm wanting a rematch with Dallas

Dallas doesn't lose at home. An upset would be great. The Lions would play at home against the winner of Tampa-Philly.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

and then we get the Packers at home for the NFC Championship........RIGHT............RIGHT ?!

If that happens... hopefully the Lions take them a little more seriously at home this time?