NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

Just boarded my flight out of grand forks.  Will be landing in Detroit this evening, barring any weather interruptions.  My brother lives in Ann Arbor, looks like there is a parade tomorrow too!

Lets ****ing go. 

• Like 1

Kyle on Good Morning Football was giving the Lions major love, big time. He called for the Lions to beat LA and then go into Dallas and win AGAIN. His words... All of the talking heads love the Lions. 2 picked Detroit and 2 picked the Rams. But even the ones who picked the Rams said Detroit may very well win. This game is a toss-up. But Detroit needs to win this game SO BAD!!

Here's an article on why Campbell is a better coach than McVay. 

https://theathletic.com/5190968/2024/01/12/jared-goff-lions-belief?source=user-shared-article

I also liked this little quote from the article. Nice dig at the Bears and Fields. 

“It was big, being able to go somewhere where I can have a quarterback who would run the entire offense,” said Montgomery, who signed with Detroit from Chicago."

52 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Puka Nacua is Penei Sewell's cousin?

I didn't know that. And he ended Sewell's HS with 3 TD's against his team. Penei told him that tomorrow is his revenge game...

Puka’s high school tape was insane.    I remember being bummed when he decommitted.   

Edited by Hongbit

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Lions defense is wild. The Lions lead the NFL is pressure percentage, QB hurries, and QB hits but rank 24th in sacks. If they can convert a few of these pressures into sacks, it would help the secondary a lot. 

Having McNeill and CJGJ back should make a significant difference. 

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

Having McNeill and CJGJ back should make a significant difference. 

I also feel like Glenn held his cards close to the vest. The Lions really ran a vanilla defense against Minnesota. With 3 good safeties plus Branch, I think we are going to see looks we haven't seen all year. There's just not tape out there with these safeties plus Branch.