Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

13 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Amon-Ra is likely to get $25m at a minimum, and Goff north of $45m.

But also...

These extensions would take effect in 2025, not 2024.

So the Lions have two years to do some cap management to be able to manage the extensions to our best players...

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, NYLion said:

There's no way that you get Goff, Hunter and J. Reynolds for that cheap. Those numbers aren't even close IMO. Even old Gilmore will probably get more than that coming off his best season in a while. I also think Ra will get north of $100m on a 4 year deal.

Hunter signed a deal last year for 1 year at $17 million but all of it was guaranteed. If you give him more years but similar guaranteed money overall I don't think it is farfetched to thing 2 @ $23 million is way off base.

I had Goff at an AAV of $42 million per year. If I am way off on Goff then are we thinking he's going to be making Joe Burrow money at an AAV of north of $50 million or more per year or $50 million per year with incentives and bonuses as apart of that number? So is Goff going to cost us 4 @ $210 million?

Hunter held out for that contract. He was under contract from a 5 year $72 million contract he signed in 2018. The Vikings reworked the final year on his contract. No way is he taking a pay cut after a career year.

Goff is getting $50 million per. Burrow is at $55 million per. Goff is probably looking at 4/200. 

I think Holmes can find pass-rushers in the draft. And a lower cost free agent pass-rusher or bookend DE that will be effective enough to help out Hutch & the D-Line.

It's CB that is always a problem to find a guy good enough.

The only FA I want Detroit to sign, at least as a priority where serious money is spent, is at CB. Probably $18M AAV for the top or near-top guy out there. If Sneed gets squeezed out by the Chiefs' salary cap. That's the one and only free agent priority I have. That's the guy I want.

8 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think the Raiders would immediately say no, but I think their asking price would start at three 1sts, which is not something in the ballpark of reality.

We need to find (draft) our own Maxx Crosby.

Wasn't Crosby a 3rd rounder?

Holmes could do that.

I think I even spotted a potential Crosby floating around in the mock draft 2nd round this year... Chris Braswell seems like a Holmes/ DC type of guy...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think the Raiders would immediately say no, but I think their asking price would start at three 1sts, which is not something in the ballpark of reality.

They probably should listen but the Raiders would immediately say no.  

You used logic and in doing so broke rule #1 when talking about the Raiders.   If it makes sense to everyone else, they are probably doing something different.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

Every GM is going to pick up the phone if any other GM calls. But no, a brand new GM of a team with a new head coach is not going to trade away his team’s leader, its best player, and one of the best players in the league, who is in his prime and under contract, to take a flyer on a trade package anchored on pick number 29. 

12 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

a brand new GM of a team with a new head coach is not going to trade away his team’s leader, its best player, and one of the best players in the league, who is in his prime and under contract, to take a flyer on a trade package...

I've got Brad Holmes on line two saying something about Matthew Stafford?

😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

They probably should listen but the Raiders would immediately say no.  

You used logic and in doing so broke rule #1 when talking about the Raiders.   If it makes sense to everyone else, they are probably doing something different.  

New coach...full rebuild? Draft choices are gold. Send them a few and it may entice them. At least, I can dream. The Raiders would be idiots to trade him so there's a good chance they might. 😆😆

13 hours ago, holygoat said:

I wonder if Telesco could swing a deal for Penei Sewell?

There's a big difference. The Lions are contenders and the Raiders are rebuilding. I know it won't happen but getting Crosby (or a similar monster) would make our weak secondary instantly better.

It's not like the Raiders are the Panthers or the Pats. They have a decent defense and good weapons on offense. Give them a legit QB and they're a playoff team. Yes, the Raiders do dumb things, but not even they are dumb enough to move Crosby.

40 minutes ago, holygoat said:

It's not like the Raiders are the Panthers or the Pats. They have a decent defense and good weapons on offense. Give them a legit QB and they're a playoff team. Yes, the Raiders do dumb things, but not even they are dumb enough to move Crosby.

Yeah, just a dream. He would probably cost too much revenue in contract and draft picks. I hope Holmes can find a Crosby in the draft. Draft defense!

22 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, just a dream. He would probably cost too much revenue in contract and draft picks. I hope Holmes can find a Crosby in the draft. Draft defense!

Yes! That's what I'm hoping for. I still think we need to upgrade via FA or trade, though, for the immediate future.

20 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I've got Brad Holmes on line two saying something about Matthew Stafford?

😉

Funny, but had you heard Stafford demanded to be traded? 

I recall chatter that if the Raiders didn’t retain Pierce, Crosby would consider demanding a trade. But they did retain Pierce and nobody has said a word about Crosby wanting out. 

If Crosby actually did want out, and if the only way anyone knew was to call Tom Telesco, well, that would mean Crosby has a pretty bad agent. 

Holmes swinging a trade for Crosby is Madden-tier fanfic.