5/6/24 6:10PM Tigers @ Guardians

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, oblong said:

Who else should they have taken?

My unsolicited take:

To this day I hate the way the Castellanos thing went down. I believe Nick could have been a decent enough first baseman. He’s a proven bat. Gardenhire was the placeholder manager which didn’t help the situation. Were I the GM, I would have extended Nick. Obviously they didn’t and as it stands the Tigers are stuck at first base. A Cabrera in decline is succeeded by what is appearing to be a blown draft pick. 
To be clear, I was saying the exact same thing back when this whole back and forth was going on prior to the trade.

Edited by 1776

22 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

One of these days, Tork is going to hit a baseball 500 feet. Shut up all the naysayers.

He actually is having slightly better ABs, don't know if it's enough to start a turn around but he's managed a few 95s off the bat in the last few days.

15 minutes ago, 1776 said:

My unsolicited take:

To this day I hate the way the Castellanos thing went down. I believe Nick could have been a decent enough first baseman. He’s a proven bat. Gardenhire was the placeholder manager which didn’t help the situation. Were I the GM, I would have extended Nick. Obviously they didn’t and as it stands the Tigers are stuck at first base. A Cabrera in decline is succeeded by what is appearing to be a blown draft pick. 
To be clear, I was saying the exact same thing back when this whole back and forth was going on prior to the trade.

Would Nick have signed?  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

And he grounds into a double play. 

everybody trying to hard. This may be one area where it turns out Hinch is a fail as manager - the art of pulling up a team that is emotionally down en masse. I was never that big a fan of Leyland but he could keep his team loose. 

Edited by gehringer_2

42 minutes ago, kdog said:

This hurts a team that has like 3 rallies a game:

7's a strike per that chart. The zone is also 3D, so it is possible 2 and 5 clipped the zone at some point across the plate. Neither is egregious.

Am I understanding things correctly? AJ Hinch has three batting instructors on his coaching staff? What assignment is each of these instructors given? The hitting instructors are just stealing money. Hinch should fire two of them to get the attention of the entire coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

7's a strike per that chart. The zone is also 3D, so it is possible 2 and 5 clipped the zone at some point across the plate. Neither is egregious.

The degree to which pitches move laterally while over the plate is greatly exaggerated by the center field camera view. Even if a pitch moves 2 feet laterally in 55' on its way to play, that's an Inch or two across the 17" of the plate - so some but not that much. A good slow curve can be dropping fast enough that it finishes at the catchers glove below the box line though - and umps miss a lot of those!