2022 Michigan Elections

Mr.TaterSalad

7 hours ago, oblong said:

I don’t get the reference 

https://michigandems.com/new-tudor-dixons-participation-in-offensive-disgusting-films-complicates-own-crusade-to-demonize-public-schools-and-healthcare-providers/

Tudor Dixon acted in some B-rated, low-budget tv show with blood, guts, gore, and nudity.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

• 4 weeks later...

Whitmer ads have started, she's touting that she didn't raise taxes (even though she pushed for it) and she got kids back into schools (even though it was the GOP that pushed to get kids back in schools).   Oddly, nothing about how she fixed the roads or brought down car insurance rates while trying to kill Konstantinov.

I guess the "good" news is my mom (still would vote for Trump today) watched the GOP governors debate and said that from what she saw, Whitmer might still be the better choice.

I don't think it's fair to say schools are reopened because of the GOP. I think schools reopened as more parents demanded it, from all political sides of the aisles, and elected leaders, like Whitmer, accepted the fact that we are going to have to live with some level of Covid. Sure, the GOP and right made a stink about it, but they were doing that many months before schools reopened. It wasn't as quick as they made a stink and right there after schools went back in-person.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

41 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't think it's fair to say schools are reopened because of the GOP.

If you don't think it's fair for the GOP to take any credit on getting kids back to school, then I'm assuming you're laughing at the fact that Whitmer is taking credit for it.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Republican Secretary of State candidate in Michigan, Kristina Karamo, says premarital sex invites Satan into our nation.

She's absolutely right.  We should all take vows of chastity and imprison people who appeared in Playboy videos over the past 20-30 years like Donald Trump

On 8/26/2022 at 8:30 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Republican Secretary of State candidate in Michigan, Kristina Karamo, says premarital sex invites Satan into our nation.

I fell in with this born-again crowd for about 15 minutes when I was in my twenties, and this one guy insisted that the inflection year for Satan was 1969, as evidenced by the Eagles song: “We haven’t had that spirit here since 1969 …”

It doesn’t make any more sense now than it did then.

Just had a MAGA try to convince me John James is going win MI-10 because of a poll by Breitbart that has him up 19 in Eastpointe. In 2020, Biden won Eastpointe by 50 points so he's convinced in two years there will be a 70 point swing to James. He also has James up 33 in Clinton Township in which Biden won by less than 1 point, but he has James up 28 in Shelby Township which is the reddest city in the district. He does have James losing Sterling Heights and tied in Warren but not losing Eastpointe, the most liberal city in the district. All this from a survey that sampled 400 voters. When Marlinga makes it much closer and wins by 40 or 50 in Eastpointe, they'll claim fraud. 

Practically every Republican loser in November will claim they were frauded out of a win. Considering all the Senate, House, state-level and local-level elections occurring, we might hear literally thousands of claims of election fraud purportedly robbing Republicans. We may even hear fraud claims in districts Republicans win, just so they can justify bringing down the legislative hammer on actual free and fair elections in their jurisdictions once they take office. The $64 question is how all this will play out once the blizzard of fraud charges start pounding us. This election, even before 2024, might be a turning point one way or the other.