2022 Michigan Elections

Mr.TaterSalad

4 hours ago, oblong said:

My comment was directed towards the national elections not MIchigan. I think all 3 proposals pass and our 3 gals win easily. 

My money would be on the big races in Michigan all going dem (all 4 girls).  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Whitmer and Slotkin lost.  For Dixon to be this close with so much less funding is why I think nationally it will be a bad day for Dems.

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

My money would be on the big races in Michigan all going dem (all 4 girls).  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Whitmer and Slotkin lost.  For Dixon to be this close with so much less funding is why I think nationally it will be a bad day for Dems.

I haven't been following Michigan closely, but my prior would be that Whitmer is gonna outrun most of the rest of the D ticket. 

So if she loses, they all lose IMO.

Definitely can see Slotkin losing, although that's a house race and independent of state races.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I haven't been following Michigan closely, but my prior would be that Whitmer is gonna outrun most of the rest of the D ticket. 

So if she loses, they all lose IMO.

Definitely can see Slotkin losing, although that's a house race and independent of state races.

That Slotkin one has had a national following which is why I included it.  A few months ago I would have said the same about Whitmer.  I don't know if it's by design, but Dixon has separated herself from the other GOP candidates.

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

That Slotkin one has had a national following which is why I included it.  A few months ago I would have said the same about Whitmer.  I don't know if it's by design, but Dixon has separated herself from the other GOP candidates.

She's more comfortable with people from her native illinois

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Seems more like wishcasting. Whitmer has yet to trail in a single poll, even the ones conducted by Republicans. 

In the last week, several polls have been within the margin of error.  Two months ago you couldn't find a poll that wasn't a double digit lead for Whitmer even counting the margin of error.  I'm not sure how that is wishcasting.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

In the last week, several polls have been within the margin of error.  Two months ago you couldn't find a poll that wasn't a double digit lead for Whitmer even counting the margin of error.  I'm not sure how that is wishcasting.

They are almost all Republican funded polls that have the lead within the margin of error. Recent polls like Detroit News and EPIC have her at double digits. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Trust Epic MRA and few other polls for Michigan.    that's the gold standard in the state.  

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Seems more like wishcasting. Whitmer has yet to trail in a single poll, even the ones conducted by Republicans. 

She was down by a fraction of a percent in a Trafalger poll this AM.... but it's Trafalger, and they did overestimate Trump last cycle in MI

30 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Michigan becoming a progressive state. Democrats seemed poised to repeal right to work as well. 

The solidification of Dems at the state level in MI, PA, MN is a signficant trend. Rightward dirft in national politics doesn't reverse at least until the dems show they can re-establish their primacy in states that should be moderate/democratic by history and temperment. Just need to figure out WTF is wrong with WI.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The solidification of Dems at the state level in MI, PA, MN is a signficant trend. Rightward dirft in national politics doesn't reverse at least until the dems show they can re-establish their primacy in states that should be moderate/democratic by history and temperment. Just need to figure out WTF is wrong with WI.

And Ohio