2022 Michigan Elections

Mr.TaterSalad

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

So I have been doomsday prepping in case things go south in Michigan. My top 5 relocations states are in order: California, Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington and New Mexico. I'm carefully avoiding new debt and paid off my house so I can sell it, even below market value, if I have to. The most likely scenario is I end up in Illinois. 

After I obtain a Lakeland, Florida winter home (or nearby) so I can annually watch Tigers Spring Training once I retire...

I have two cousins in Colorado... Both are tremendous fun and have a range of politics and interests/ hobbies; and never let their politics transcend their personalities... My first choice for a non-ST home.

21 hours ago, romad1 said:

its not a bad visual.  She's an attractive lady.  Crazy AF

Tudor Dixon is the kind of attractish woman that gravitates to the hard right wing. They missed out on the whole defend-her-honor-from-any-slight era, and they are keen on returning to it because they think see themselves as the beneficiaries. 

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Tudor Dixon is the kind of attractish woman that gravitates to the hard right wing. They missed out on the whole defend-her-honor-from-any-slight era, and they are keen on returning to it because they think see themselves as the beneficiaries. 

I think i agree.  But, So defending her honor against any slight was why Melania was posing nude with the other lady?  

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think i agree.  But, So defending her honor against any slight was why Melania was posing nude with the other lady?  

I would bet there are literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of red hats who would gladly lay you low, at the very least, for badmouthing the first-ever nude-modeling daughter-of-a-member-of-the-Communist-Party First Lady.

• Like 1

I was getting bored with TV so I put it on fox 2 at 10:20 to check the weather and all that.  Immediately there was a political ad so I just put on The Office. Just can’t anymore.  Seems like there are more this season. I’m also burned out from having that channel on all morning from 6:30 - about 10.  

21 hours ago, oblong said:

I was getting bored with TV so I put it on fox 2 at 10:20 to check the weather and all that.  Immediately there was a political ad so I just put on The Office. Just can’t anymore.  Seems like there are more this season. I’m also burned out from having that channel on all morning from 6:30 - about 10.  

It’s even worse because all the Republican commercials are so god damned apocalyptic.

https://apple.news/Ap-MD9bEJTOmlhJwUN0njYg

Excerpt:  
The Republican gubernatorial nominee in Michigan invoked a conspiracy that the Covid-19 pandemic and protests in the summer of 2020 after the killing of George Floyd were part of a decades-long plan by the Democratic Party to "topple" the United States as retaliation for losing the US Civil War, adding that the party wanted to enslave people "again."
===========================

Got to admit, this is something I’ve never heard of…. Is this a “thing”??

Does this person really have a chance to win? God help us all…. Even if we’re not Michigan peeps. 

9 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Excerpt:  
The Republican gubernatorial nominee in Michigan invoked a conspiracy that the Covid-19 pandemic and protests in the summer of 2020 after the killing of George Floyd were part of a decades-long plan by the Democratic Party to "topple" the United States as retaliation for losing the US Civil War, adding that the party wanted to enslave people "again."

Is this person really got a chance to win? God help us all…. Even if we’re not Michigan peeps. 

I doubt she wins but it won't be a landslide. Whitmer has way out raised her and has pretty much been able to define her. People still don't know who she is. 

If you think Tudor is bad, she's the least crazy of the Republicans running for state office. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

35 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Excerpt:  

Does this person really have a chance to win? God help us all…. Even if we’re not Michigan peeps. 

Anyone who stayed awake during high school history class (is that a thing anymore) should know that the antebellum era Democrats morphed into the Republican Party in the late 60s and early '70s with Nixon's "Southern Strategy". LBJ admitted in 1964 when he signed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 that the party had lost its base of Dixicrats and the state Democratic machines south of the Mason Dixon Line. McGovern probably sealed the deal for anyone hanging on to the pro slavery South Will Rise Again folks.

The current crop of Trump Republicans make the likes of Harry Byrd and Strom Thurman look like sane liberals. 

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Insanity

I think of all the harmful things that right wing media has done over the years from Rush Limbaugh to Fox News to Steve Bannon, it's the fact that the truth, honesty, facts, and integrity have no value in our political system anymore. If you tell a lie often enough then it becomes reality to the masses and the right wing media ecosphere and the people in it really understand it.