Lions 2022 Offseason Thread

TP_Fan

53 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If they got it I was hoping they would be able to do what some other cities did and set up a spot downtown outdoors so you could get the spectacle of all the fans lining the streets.

they did that here in chicago and it looked pretty cool.  my office was near there and i could look and see all the stuff they had set up.  looked like fun.

i didnt know our old friend martin mayhew is back as the gm for the artists formerly known as the washington redskins.

also, washington tried to trade a first and third for stafford last year?  huh, i dont remember reading that either.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, buddha said:

stop gap move.  prohibits them for swinging for the fences for a cooper or a robinson.  but they probably werent getting those guys anyway.

I don't think it has to. Even with keeping Reynolds (which I too agree with), I think we could still use two new WRs this offseason. Whether they're both from the draft, one from free agency and one from the draft, whatever. In an ideal world, I think Reynolds is the WR4 going into 2022.

If anything, it should put Raymond/Cephus/Hodge/Kennedy/et al. on notice that their time in Detroit (and in the NFL) may be numbered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

I don't like the receivers in free agency, would rather they draft em. Love the Reynolds signing, won't affect the compensation needle, which is what they really need, more picks.

I feel he same way. I might go out and get a depth guy to be the #3 or #4 WR in free agency As far as targeting our outside guy to be the #1 WR, I'd rather get someone cheaper and potentially better in the draft. The splash moves I want to make in free agency are all on defense signing guys like Marcus Williams, J.C. Jackson, Carlton Davis, De'Vondre Campbell, etc.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

I don't like the Reynolds signing right now either. They are giving 2 years to a guy that was released last year.

If they had gone through free agency and the draft and weren't able to find 1-2 receivers then yea, it makes sense. Signing him now kind of limits their options.

Edited by Stanley70

Let’s wait and see what they Reynolds deal really looks like before making any firm decisions.   I assume it’s really a 1 year deal with a bunch of incentives and doesn’t have a big cap number this year.  

I would hope it won’t have any impact on their ability to sign a marquee WR.  If it did, I wouldn’t like the deal very much. 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Let’s wait and see what they Reynolds deal really looks like before making any firm decisions.   I assume it’s really a 1 year deal with a bunch of incentives and doesn’t have a big cap number this year.  

I would hope it won’t have any impact on their ability to sign a marquee WR.  If it did, I wouldn’t like the deal very much. 

Everyone is saying worth up to or maximum which would seem to me there are incentives. He's being paid like a #3 and played like a solid #3. You pro-rate his numbers out for a full season and he was about a 50 catch, 700 yard, 5 TD WR. Don't forget Goff and St Brown played a lot better when Reynolds joined the team. The chemistry between Goff and Reynolds is worth the contract. They probably could have signed another receiver who had similar production for the same or better price but there seems to be something between Goff and Reynolds. I highly doubt a smallish contract like this takes them out of the running for a bigger WR.