Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

still not sure why he isn't at least at Toledo. Is the org saying they don't have an IF coach at Toledo they trust to work with him? 

I think it has to do with the fact Erie is in first place looking to lock in a playoff spot  and they want him to have the experience of playing meaningful games 

14 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I think it has to do with the fact Erie is in first place looking to lock in a playoff spot  and they want him to have the experience of playing meaningful games 

Justice Bigbie has 1.200 OPS  🔥. They won't even miss him.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Speaking of the name Justice there's a student at my District with the name David Justice. I asked him if his Dad was a fan of the baseball player or something and the kid had no idea who he was or what I was talking about. lol

Anyone named Katniss at your District?

37 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Still havent heard a good, legit reason for Keith to still be in AA and not in Toledo yet...feels a little bit Avila-esque with how theyre treating him at this point.

He certainly seems ready looking at the stats and as fans we want to see the guys get moved up but it's not unusual what the Tigers are doing if you look at other organizations.  There are plenty of top tier prospects playing at below AAA level despite having gaudy stats, maybe not as gaudy's as Keiths but still good enough where you would think they'd be at a higher level. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

Jobe  isn't 21 yet...he's still age appropriate for the FCL

So, speaking of the FCL, the Tigers are currently running *3* teams there. We should have guessed the teams really didn't want to contract the number of players in the low minors, just the cost of having them spread out all over.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

So, speaking of the FCL, the Tigers are currently running *3* teams there. We should have guessed the teams really didn't want to contract the number of players in the low minors, just the cost of having them spread out all over.

What are you talking about? They used to have two rookie Florida ss teams, now they have one, they've also lost the higher ss team that was in Connecticut. They've long had two latin teams, so they are down two ss teams and have contracted the total number of players.

Edited by Longgone

29 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Three box scores from FCL today for the Tigers. Are they reporting latin scores with the florida scores?

I only see one FCL (a 9-4 loss in which Jobe pitched) and two DSL.

Edited by Longgone

3 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Still havent heard a good, legit reason for Keith to still be in AA and not in Toledo yet...feels a little bit Avila-esque with how theyre treating him at this point.

I would assume they are working on something which might not show up in the stats.  I think minor league stats show potential, but not necessarily readiness.  Also the difference between AA and AAA is not that big,  The biggest minors jump is supposedly from A to AA.  And then the jump from AAA to the majors is huge.  

Another possibility is they might be waiting for his arm to get strong again before moving him.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I trust that the Tigers know better than us which level wll benefit his development the most. I think this is the kind of thing fans don't really know a lot about.  

Actually, I know a lot about these things.  Keith is stuck in a lease and is trying to find someone to sublet his apartment.  Once successful, he’s Toledo-bound.

• Like 4