Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

About a week into his promotion and Justice Bigbie is still tearing the cover off the ball in Erie. Could he be this year's Kerry Carpenter? 

If we get two "out of nowhere"s in two years we might have to assume the MiLB coaching system for hitterss is improving.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I have arm fatigue too and I'm still working!  

from too much typing.  

I might have a tear in my labrum. Or, more likely it's tendonitis. I am waiting for an ultrasound at the end of July.

In other news, the Tigers have the fifth worst record in baseball.

Toledo L 8-0
Meadows 3/4 K
Justyn-Henry Malloy 1/4 K
Tyler Nevin 1/4 2B

Erie W 9-5
Trei Cruz 0/4 BB RBI
Perez 0/4 BB SB
Bigbie 2/4, 2 2B K 
Dingler 0/2 3BB 2K
Madden 5.1 IP 2H 3ER 4BB 6K 

WM PPD DH today

Lakeland L 6-5

Peyton Graham 0/3 BB K SB
Johnson 1/3, BB K 
Bastidas 1/4 2K RBI
Gold 0/2 2BB K SB

Edited by LongLiveMaroth

2 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

I might have a tear in my labrum. Or, more likely it's tendonitis. I am waiting for an ultrasound at the end of July.

In other news, the Tigers have the fifth worst record in baseball.

I haven't played softball since before the pandemic but I would be shocked if I didn't have serious throwing elbow damage, that if I were a pitcher I would need Tommy John. The only sport I play now with overhead motion is volleyball. Attacking isn't so bad because so much of that motion is derived from the core. Serving can be tough when the elbow is tender since the arm sometimes needs to adjust to the toss and there are some odd motions, especially when trying to get a nasty float serve going. Softball games where I got more than 5 or so throws to make from left field left me in a world of hurt, but I had to play out there because I suck at infield and have some decent range to track balls down.

• Like 1

I guess we're all just old or the tigers injury curse has now reached its fan base cause I think I have some sorta rotator cuff injury. Been going on for a few years now but I can't make any overhand throw without major pain/range of motion issues but have no problem throwing a 16lb bowling ball dozens of times a week. 

Since I dont play baseball or softball anymore and it doesn't effect my real life at all I haven't bothered to go get it checked out. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

I once had a chiropractor marvel at the degree to which I am "busted up"...and that was before I snapped my humerus (not as funny as it sounds) and gained a plate and six screws in my left arm

Plates and screws below the elbow here. Between us we have the bionic limb Colonel Steve Austin didn't get.

• Like 1

Toledo W 4-3
Meadows 1/6 HR 2RBI 3K (.298/.333/.509 line for June)
Malloy 1/5 2K
Nevin 0/5
Solak 0/3 2BB
Lipcius 2/4 RBI 2B
Rizzo 1/4 2B BB K
Skubal 3IP 5K H

Erie L 4-2
Cruz 0/3 BB
Keith 2/4 K RBI HR
Perez 0/3 BB K
Workman 0/3 BB 3K
Gipson-Long 6IP 2ER 3BB 6K

WM W 11-0
Serretti 0/3 RBI 2BB K
Allen 2/3 3RBI BB
Jung 1/5 HR 2RBI K (has a .362/.404/.681 line for June)
Campos 2/4 3RBI K
Pacheco 2/4 HR 2RBI K SB
Melton 5IP 3H BB 7K

Lakeland W 4-3
Graham 2/3 RBI BB 
Bastidas 0/4
Santana 1/4
Gold 2/4

FCL L 9-8
Perez 0/4 BB 3K SB
Gil 3/3 3B 2RBI 2BB
Jenkins 2/3 RBI BB SB
Briceno 3/4 4RBI BB HR

I think it was Edmund who said it but now I am really not expecting to see Keith before September. I am guessing Harris wants him to be eligible for the ROY incentive which requires the below:

"Players qualify by meeting three criteria: (1) He must appear on a preseason Top 100 Prospects ranking by at least two of Baseball America, ESPN or MLB Pipeline. (2) He must be rookie-eligible and must have fewer than 60 days of prior MLB service. (3) He must accrue one year of MLB service as a rookie."

Keith will no doubt be on those lists next year unless he drops way down in production and why waste that possibility on this season? 

10 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I think it was Edmund who said it but now I am really not expecting to see Keith before September. I am guessing Harris wants him to be eligible for the ROY incentive which requires the below:

"Players qualify by meeting three criteria: (1) He must appear on a preseason Top 100 Prospects ranking by at least two of Baseball America, ESPN or MLB Pipeline. (2) He must be rookie-eligible and must have fewer than 60 days of prior MLB service. (3) He must accrue one year of MLB service as a rookie."

Keith will no doubt be on those lists next year unless he drops way down in production and why waste that possibility on this season? 

What is the reason for the first criterion? What difference does it make if the appear on a list?   

• Like 3