Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tiger + Soto = Angels.

I was going to say that the Tigers had better pitching, but they are about the same this year.  I didn't realize how poor the Angels offense was this year.   On the other hand, Trout and Ohtani are a lot more entertaining than anything the Tigers have.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Can Kerry Carpenter play 1st?  like to see what we have in him

I don’t think so, plus I doubt we see him this season as I don’t believe he’s on the 40-man (and they’ll already need to make room for Turnbull and Rogers).

Clemens has raked since being sent down and should get the nod.

5 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I don’t think so, plus I doubt we see him this season as I don’t believe he’s on the 40-man (and they’ll already need to make room for Turnbull and Rogers).

Clemens has raked since being sent down and should get the nod.

I guess your right ... I just dont see Clemens being anything more then a part time utility guy

11 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Jobe with one of his best starts yet;

5IP 6H 2ER 6K 1BB 

Nice to see.  I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest that he can’t be an elite pitcher still.  The pitches are there, just a matter of getting better command of them consistently.  Remember that his coaching prior to this was a HS coach—he’s getting proper instruction for the first time in his life. Manning went through similar challenges.

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Nice to see.  I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest that he can’t be an elite pitcher still.  The pitches are there, just a matter of getting better command of them consistently.  Remember that his coaching prior to this was a HS coach—he’s getting proper instruction for the first time in his life. Manning went through similar challenges.

Completely agree, I know everyone wants better results and quicker since they passed on Mayer but at the end of the day the kid is probably pitching from the stretch for the first time this year and could still absolutely be a top end starter. 

6 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

agree, its going to be a long time until we know what jobe will be.

Jobe will be a starter for the Tigers in 2026.  He'll have experimental rotatator cuff surgery in May.  He'll come back in 2028 as an ace reliever for the Rays.  Tigers General Manager James McCann will sign him to a three-year deal in 3035 and you know what happens next.  

10 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Jobe will be a starter for the Tigers in 2026.  He'll have experimental rotatator cuff surgery in May.  He'll come back in 2028 as an ace reliever for the Rays.  Tigers General Manager James McCann will sign him to a three-year deal in 3035 and you know what happens next.  

i knew james mccann was special, but living until 3035?  the dude really is a machine.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, buddha said:

i knew james mccann was special, but living until 3035?  the dude really is a machine.

Jobe too if he's signing him to a 3-year in 3035...

Did they discover the fountain of youth somewhere?

Where is it? I'd like to know.

If it's in Lakeland... I'm buying a winter home down there pronto...

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Jobe too if he's signing him to a 3-year in 3035...

Did they discover the fountain of youth somewhere?

Where is it? I'd like to know.

If it's in Lakeland... I'm buying a winter home down there pronto...

Jeff Bezos is working on it. Buy one fountain of youth, get one ride to space. Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford the fountain of youth until 3035 when I'll be long gone.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Good grief, we’re all going to be bitching and moaning at each other for a long, long time.

Lots of deadline trades for 18 year-old shortstops with no plate dicipline and hard throwing relievers with command problems.  

Edited by Tiger337