Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

14 minutes ago, Archie said:

I would take Baddoo over Grossman in the OF.  Baddoo has higher potential than Grossman since he still has some development to do.  What you see with Grossman is about all you will get and it isn't much.

I sort of agree with this.  I’m not as high on Baddoo, but ready to move on from Grossman.  

Erie wins behind 4 strong innings from Flores; Perez and Meadows both go 0-5 (yikes) Lipcius went 3-5; Workman went 3-4 with a double short of the cycle. If Workman could get the K's under control that would make him a much more attractive prospect but then again that could be said about a lot of prospects.

Nothing too crazy to report from last nights minors. Olson went 5 innings but gave up 5 ER; W. Perez went 2/3 with 2 2B for Erie. One player I am starting to look at is Josh Crouch in WM; not sure if he is just org filler but he is 23 batting .301/.395/.833 this year and a pretty solid K/BB ratio.   

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Nothing too crazy to report from last nights minors. Olson went 5 innings but gave up 5 ER; W. Perez went 2/3 with 2 2B for Erie. One player I am starting to look at is Josh Crouch in WM; not sure if he is just org filler but he is 23 batting .301/.395/.833 this year and a pretty solid K/BB ratio.   

Yes and I love a catcher named Crouch.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Don't sleep on Daniel Cabrera. He just got promoted back to AA after struggling at first and got demoted. He CRUSHED it though and is back at AA. I might be his biggest fan here but I think he'll finish the year strong.....

Who’s sleeping 🤣 (he was called up a while ago).  Has scuffled a bit in Erie since his recall.  Was en fuego in WM, though.

42 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Don't sleep on Daniel Cabrera. He just got promoted back to AA after struggling at first and got demoted. He CRUSHED it though and is back at AA. I might be his biggest fan here but I think he'll finish the year strong.....

No I like Cabrera too.

But he's seemed to have figured out A+, in spades...

And can't seem to figure out AA pitching.

If he just got promoted again to Erie...

Once more into the breach...

23 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Baddoo was 2 for 3 including a double, with 2 walks.  Carpenter had 4 hits (3 doubles).

Baddoo is now.305/.413/.505

If I read the MiLB logs correctly, Carpenter has 5K in his last 41 against AAA pitching. If Ks were what was holding him back, what's holding in him now?

59 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If I read the MiLB logs correctly, Carpenter has 5K in his last 41 against AAA pitching. If Ks were what was holding him back, what's holding in him now?

Yes it seems like he keeps exceeding expectations and people in the organization are surprised by it.  I still think back to that article about him changing his swing on his own last winter, first with some advice from Robson and then from a pro hitting coach.  And not, pointedly, not  working with anyone from the new improved Tigers player development staff.

The last guy who reinvented his swing on his own like that was JD Martinez.

Here's another weird stat for Carpenter, he has been caught stealing 5 times in 13 games at Toledo, with 1 successful steal.  What exactly is the vaunted new player development staff up to there?

Detroit Tigers - MotownForums.com

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes it seems like he keeps exceeding expectations and people in the organization are surprised by it.  I still think back to that article about him changing his swing on his own last winter, first with some advice from Robson and then from a pro hitting coach.  And not, pointedly, not  working with anyone from the new improved Tigers player development staff.

The last guy who reinvented his swing on his own like that was JD Martinez.

Here's another weird stat for Carpenter, he has been caught stealing 5 times in 13 games at Toledo, with 1 successful steal.  What exactly is the vaunted new player development staff up to there?

Detroit Tigers - MotownForums.com 701.39 kB · 2 downloads

Needs to work on his base stealing if he wants to get to the show obviously.