Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Random, but since Toledo is playing Scranton/Wilkes Barre this week:

• Would it be worth it for the Tigers to trade for Miguel Andujar, who the Yankees have stashed away playing 3rd and OF down there?
  • What would it take from this system to get him?

yes; no idea

the Tigers need a RH OF with power (among many other things)

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

yes; no idea

the Tigers need a RH OF with power (among many other things)

They can also use a guy who can push Candy as well, who I'm not as much of a believer in at this point.  So yeah, that's where I fall as well.

The second question is the tough, because I don't know what he'd cost (or if he's even on the market)....

Separate from the Andujar question, I agree they need a power bat in the OF (or 3B), and one of the problems I see with our projected OF in the next few years is power. Really only Greene and Meadows (normally) have power. Hill, Reyes, Daz not so much. Would really like to have a thumper in RF whether through trade or FA.

5 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

Separate from the Andujar question, I agree they need a power bat in the OF (or 3B), and one of the problems I see with our projected OF in the next few years is power. Really only Greene and Meadows (normally) have power. Hill, Reyes, Daz not so much. Would really like to have a thumper in RF whether through trade or FA.

You power guy is supposed to be breaking in at 1b.  🤷‍♂️

Baddoo has power.

I'm fine if the OF is Baddoo-Daz-Greene and Hill/ Reyes sprinkled in as defense and/or RH'ed bat for a Baddoo-platoon.

I think Meadows shifts to primarily DH after Miggy decides to retire this offseason (conjecture), or is offered a "retirement plan". But if he still isn't getting power back (Meadows) then it'll need to be someone else. Can we get Paredes back for DH?

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think Meadows shifts to primarily DH after Miggy decides to retire this offseason (conjecture), or is offered a "retirement plan". 

Cabrera is going to play in 2023.  He is hitting .300 and will never accept any humiliating roles like "special advisor".

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Random, but since Toledo is playing Scranton/Wilkes Barre this week:

• Would it be worth it for the Tigers to trade for Miguel Andujar, who the Yankees have stashed away playing 3rd and OF down there?
  • What would it take from this system to get him?

I have thought about this. Both Andujar and EFlorial are in limbo it seems in NY.

Would believe NYY, like all teams will be looking for RPs. I think they lost Chad Green for the season. IMHO, the Yanks will do what they need to do for this year. So there could be a fit as Andujar 'could' play OF/3B if the Tiger brass see's him as a potential get.

With Florial, also a recent 'top' prospect and still young, he has nowhere to play in NY. The question is 'What do the Tigers have with current their OF corps?' ex DHill, Daz, Baddoo, WCastro, VReyes, etc. I think Meadows, when healthy, is one piece and Greene of course. We all know by now you need depth - but is Florial a better option than what they have?

Another 'bat' (or two) is needed in the lineup and 3B and/or OF might be the place. Perhaps 2B but few have more power than Schoop (also a decent defender) - but they might be more consistent.

I feel a 'good' trade or two, perhaps soon (next 6 mos.) could go a long way for the Tigers and their future.

Edited by alex

34 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Cabrera is going to play in 2023.  He is hitting .300 and will never accept any humiliating roles like "special advisor".

Prolly 50/50 he suffers an injury before the end of this season that puts him out of next season, but if not, I agree he will certainly show up to ST and see if he can hit. 

Unless Miggy does get a major injury I don't see a world where he doesn't play next year and really unless Meadows turns it around there may not be a better option for them at DH anyway.  Yeah he has no power and doesn't walk like he used to but he atleast can still hit for average and get on base at a decent enough clip, that's more than you can say for majority of their hitters they have on the team or in the upper minors. 

Many pitching positives, which makes me think we can weather having Mize out next season, and perhaps Manning, too.  

Flores and Madden may be able to contribute at the MLB level.  Garrett Hill and Bergner aren’t far behind.  We should be getting Turnbull and ERod back.  If Faedo and Brieske show they belong, we’ll have some depth, particularly when Lynn Henning masterminds trading Tarik Skubal for a bat.

18 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Many pitching positives, which makes me think we can weather having Mize out next season, and perhaps Manning, too.  

Flores and Madden may be able to contribute at the MLB level.  Garrett Hill and Bergner aren’t far behind.  We should be getting Turnbull and ERod back.  If Faedo and Brieske show they belong, we’ll have some depth, particularly when Lynn Henning masterminds trading Tarik Skubal for a bat.

I'd put Olsen ahead of everyone above except maybe Flores. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

They need all of them.  As  seen this year, you can never ever have too much pitching.   

There's some potential FA targets this coming offseason in terms of starting pitching as well that we may be in the market for. But considering our dire need for bats as well I'd imagine if the team does decide to spend money again this offseason they will probably allot that there.