Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, casimir said:

The pie is interesting.  I just figured they would mandate 2 IFs on each side of 2nd base with feet on the dirt.  So teams could still shift with a middle infielder at 2B and the other around halfway between 2B and either of 1B/3B.  I guess then the only change would be keeping the 2Bdude in the IF rather than playing short RF.

I'm curious about how you are going to drag an infield with chalk lines every three innings.....or you just take more time to re-mark the lines every time the field is dragged.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, microline133 said:

Not just any HBP; he was hit in the face. He was still on his feet and didn't look like there was any blood, so it may have hit the helmet first.

Any official word on the baseball?  Rumor is that it was taken out of the game.

In all seriousness, its good to hear that it night not be a major issue, especially if the pitch fortunately hit the helmet first.  It wasn't all that long ago that the extension on the helmet off of the ear flap was used almost exclusively by guys that had been hit in the face.  They seem to be used much more often now.  With as hard as pitchers throw now, I'd be using that myself.

18 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Interesting

Seems to me they are doubling down on pulling the ball for home runs by rewarding batters with a hit if they just miss it, since there will be less incentive to try taking the ball the other way to avoid fielders.

54 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Not a bad list—don’t know much about Bastidas, though 

AEE169AA-D3C9-4BF3-80E5-5943F89C80C8.jpeg

The year that Perez is having makes him top 5.  And where is Carpenter?  The fact that he was not highly regarded before this season should not diminish what he has accomplished.

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Not a bad list—don’t know much about Bastidas, though 

AEE169AA-D3C9-4BF3-80E5-5943F89C80C8.jpeg

No Santana seems like a miss on this. I would put Santana over Campos. Other than that it's a fine list. Keith getting lots of love out there though. He was a 149 Wrc prior to getting hurt and at 20 years old so I get it but he should be in the top 3. 

8 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

The great thing about these things is they are all subjective. What would be your top 5 or 10 just out of curiosity?  (Not trying to be argumentative or anything just literally curious.) 

I don't have nearly enough information to put one together that would be worth a damn.

• Like 1

If Jung is already #2 he must be a stud and hard to believe he was available at #12 in the draft. 

If Dingler is only 11 then "that rose ain't bloomin."

Kreidler not even on the list means what I watched in spring training was a mirage because even a bench MLB player should rate in your top ten shouldn't  it ?

I agree Santana should be top 10 unless the Henning's are once again blown smoke you know where.

Don't have nearly enough information either, but on the surface, I'd have a hard time not putting Jung at #1, ahead of Jobe. MLB Pipeline kinda backs that up, as they have Jung as a 60 overall and Jobe at 55 overall.

Colt Keith has been great this season when healthy, but I don't think he's a #1. Guessing he'll crack the Pipeline Top 10 when they rerank, but more like 7 or 8

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Don't have nearly enough information either, but on the surface, I'd have a hard time not putting Jung at #1, ahead of Jobe. MLB Pipeline kinda backs that up, as they have Jung as a 60 overall and Jobe at 55 overall.

Colt Keith has been great this season when healthy, but I don't think he's a #1. Guessing he'll crack the Pipeline Top 10 when they rerank, but more like 7 or 8

Santana OPS by month since May:

May: 711

June: 780

July: 859

For season 686 (shows you how awful his April was). How an 18-year-old playing at A ball (where he is the youngest position player in the league) with his profile is not listed on every Tigers top 10 prospect is mystifying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1