Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Micro would be the one to answer this but I wonder how the Tigers compare to other orgs in regards to how they push guys. It feels like they are pretty aggressive but without following all the other orgs closely I really don't know if that is true or not and if it is could it have anything to do with their players not developing right? Perhaps they need to ease off the gas and not challenge guys so quickly if they indeed are more aggressive than other orgs?

2nd Erie game a 1-0 shutout win for the Wolves. Wolf with 5 IP 2H 2BB 5K. Meadows with a triple, scored the games only run.

Toledo scores 9. Torkelson 3/5 2B BB 2K, 370 OBP for August (and finally breaks over the Mendoza line).  Kreidler 1/4 2B 2BB

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

People have joked many times about the likelihood of seeing Parker before Austin in a Tigers uniform.

Not happening, but at this rate, it may end up being too close for comfort lol

Define "see in a Tigers uniform." I say that because Parker seems likely to be added to the 40 Man Roster this offseason, thus you may get a spring training photo of him sooner.

I get the feeling we were sold damaged goods with Meadows, Ill give the Rays the benefit of the doubt in that they may not have known and Austin kept the vertigo problem to himself cause he may not have thought it was a big deal but it got to the point this year where he couldn't hide it anymore.

I'm not gonna pretend to know a lot about the disease but I do know people that have it and while they live pretty normal lives their professions don't require them to hit a little round object coming at your at 95mph. I couldn't imagine how difficult that would be if your berrings were just a little off.

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I get the feeling we were sold damaged goods with Meadows, Ill give the Rays the benefit of the doubt in that they may not have known and Austin kept the vertigo problem to himself cause he may not have thought it was a big deal but it got to the point this year where he couldn't hide it anymore.

I'm not gonna pretend to know a lot about the disease but I do know people that have it and while they live pretty normal lives their professions don't require them to hit a little round object coming at your at 95mph. I couldn't imagine how difficult that would be if your berrings were just a little off.

Is he still having trouble with vertigo or is it his achilles?  The snippets I have read are vague.  

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think it's both of his Achilles that are the issue now. My right Achilles has been bothering me for years. Pushing on the pedals while driving really aggravates it.

Is there any change the Tigers just cut bait with Meadows this off season ? What salary will he have after this year of not playing . Will it still increase ? How do Achilles- both legs- become so sore you can't play during a period if inactivity. I mean injured on the disabled list ? Has that ever happened before ? I am not saying its not real but it is really an outlier. 

Between him and Rodriguez its been strange for sure.

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Is there any change the Tigers just cut bait with Meadows this off season ? What salary will he have after this year of not playing . Will it still increase ? How do Achilles- both legs- become so sore you can't play during a period if inactivity. I mean injured on the disabled list ? Has that ever happened before ? I am not saying its not real but it is really an outlier. 

Between him and Rodriguez its been strange for sure.

not unless he dies. Under control for a $6 million salary is a reasonable risk. 

50 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

To be fair, I'm not far off that and I haven't gotten a hit in about 19 years 

There was a group of 12 people at work yesterday and one was chest puffy about Cleveland beating Detroit on Wednesday.  I turned and looked at him and said, “Look around, if we can get 100 pitches thrown around the plate tonight, we could beat the Tigers.”

• Like 1