Stafford watch (A place for Stafford discussion)

RedRamage

14 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Any thoughts on this? "That's what they called...." - Collinsworth

It's looks like he had a good grip on the jersey with the right hand that was the source of the momentum he needed to propel himself past Kupp for the knock down. That's a fair call.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

its a fair call.  the complaint from the bengals would be why they didnt call it all game and the  suddenly got flag happy on the rams last drive.

the non-call on higgins when he blatantly facemasked ramsey was the more egregious one.

it definitely seemed the order was in to the refs not to call the call too close. 

Actually, after the missed call on HIggins I was waiting to see when the make-up call would come.

Edited by gehringer_2

It is like they swallow the whistle the whole game...then when it gets close they tighten up.  It is really a no win situation for them...if they call them as they see them, the game will become unwatchable, if they only call them at the end of the game it is "why not all game".  I see penalties ALL OVER THE place when I watch these games....flags I KNOW will be thrown when I watch Lions games or bad teams, but that are rarely called against the good teams.  I mean it is what it is...I do not think there is a conspiracy, but I do think it is human nature to know a team blows and to see fouls everywhere and to see good teams and just let it play out.  It is not fair at all, never has been, but it is what it is.

It does not really bother me any more because I removed the emotion from it for the most part, but it is an interesting thing to watch...just the "human element" part of it because it is nowhere close to consistent.

23 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Rams D also came up huge - they really tightened down in the 4th. Going into the fourth I figured for sure the Rams would need to score twice to win because there was no way they wouldn't give up at least another FG to Cinci for a tie at 23.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Any thoughts on this? "That's what they called...." - Collinsworth

It was the kind of call you don't like to see at that point in the game, but the Rams had another down, and on the nextd play Cupp caught a TD that was nullified by a Holding call, which you also don't like to see at that point in the game, so it basically evened out.

Plus, the Bengals had a TD from Haskins that should have been overruled on the face mask but it was missed.

The officiating did not decide the game IMHO.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

For being a so called top corner, Ramsey gets beat a lot. 

Wooooow.....the game was pretty even in terms of passing and such, but Aaron Donald's pressure in the 4th Q basically nullifed the Bengal's running game advantage and the Bengal's one turnover advantage that the Bengals had (one of their two INTs, the one in the endzone, basically served as a punt touchback).

8 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Wooooow.....the game was pretty even in terms of passing and such, but Aaron Donald's pressure in the 4th Q basically nullifed the Bengal's running game advantage and the Bengal's one turnover advantage that the Bengals had (one of their two INTs, the one in the endzone, basically served as a punt touchback).

Donald may have been offsides on that play. 

*Edit*

I think this is the 1st 4th and 1

Edited by Motown Bombers

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Donald may have been offsides on that play. 

*Edit*

I think this is the 1st 4th and 1

We saw KC get called for this a couple times in one of their playoff games so it happens but it’s pretty rare unless you play for the Lions where it gets called on you every single time and maybe even sometimes when you really were onside.   

On 1/31/2022 at 12:18 AM, NYLion said:

Franchise QB wins zero playoff games with Lions, franchise QB goes to Superbowl the moment he leaves the Lions. If this isn't the most SOL thing to ever happen, I don't know what it is.

Congrats to Matt but my god does it suck to be a Lions fan and tonight was just another big swift kick in the balls to Lions fans everywhere.

This is the "Family Man" scenario (the Nicholas Cage movie)....he is shown a glimpse of life had he stayed home to marry Tia Leoni.  If ever there was a good moment to have one of the Rams' top guys as our GM, it's now.  Hopefully Sheila can give him the kind of support that he needs to move the ball downfield and SOON....not 5 years or some BS like that....they should be able to acquire a few good players this offseason, build on the last 6 games of this year, and knock on the door of .500 tihs year.  Yes, THIS YEAR.

Yes I'm raining on Stafford's parade but I just want to say that he did have like the easiest playoff path you could possibly get. 

Arizona looked terrible the last 6 weeks,  the Bucs were missing their top 2 WRs, top OT, and 3 starters on defense and lost to the Jets 2 weeks prior with that lineup, the 49ers were a 6 seed and Bengals a 4.

The point I'm getting at is I think if Staff got those slate of teams the years we made the playoffs we may have been able to make a run at things.