Stafford watch (A place for Stafford discussion)

RedRamage

"I call him 'Stat Padford.' If you’re being honest about his career, it fits. People in Motown are in tears -- tears of joy, that is -- that the Lions finally dumped him. In fact, if COVID-19 wasn’t still gripping folks, there probably would have been a parade down Woodward on Sunday," Parker wrote in his latest column for Deadspin. "And the people on the Left Coast, and around NFL America, just haven’t watched close enough to know what the Rams are in for."

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/rob-parker-rips-matthew-stafford

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, buddha said:

kupp

That one will look pretty weird in a few years when people look back at the game stats. 4 catches for 47 yard or something - won't look like much in the stat sheet.

Just as well the Rams won as a Cincy win would have been tainted by the missed offensive pass interference/face mask on the TD. And probably would have been an easier win if McVay had just stopped trying to run the ball and given Stafford more useful downs to move the chains.

Also the PI 1st down saved Stafford's bacon at the end because if they had failed to get the TD after those two terrible throws after 1st and goal the story would have been the overthrow and the dead duck into the dirt and that Stafford choked. I like when the the line between success and failure ends up standing out so clearly.

Edited by gehringer_2

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

"I call him 'Stat Padford.' If you’re being honest about his career, it fits. People in Motown are in tears -- tears of joy, that is -- that the Lions finally dumped him. In fact, if COVID-19 wasn’t still gripping folks, there probably would have been a parade down Woodward on Sunday," Parker wrote in his latest column for Deadspin. "And the people on the Left Coast, and around NFL America, just haven’t watched close enough to know what the Rams are in for."

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/rob-parker-rips-matthew-stafford

And Rob Parker blocked me on Twitter. Stafford haters are going to hate me tonight. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Sean McVay is calling a horrible game.  

Watching those play calls last nite, knowing their OC is going to the Vikings, made me glad the Lions are in the NFC North.  Not sold on the Bears choice either, & Aaron Rodgers won't be around much longer.  The Lions are trending up - Now if we could just get a QB like Matthew Stafford.

2 minutes ago, djhutch said:

Watching those play calls last nite, knowing their OC is going to the Vikings, made me glad the Lions are in the NFC North.  Not sold on the Bears choice either, & Aaron Rodgers won't be around much longer.  The Lions are trending up - Now if we could just get a QB like Matthew Stafford.

Stafford only has one more year on his contract and will be a free agent. In 12 years with Stafford it didn't work out. The Lions need to do what other teams are doing and go with a young QB who can win when it counts like Jared Goff.