Stafford watch (A place for Stafford discussion)

RedRamage

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Take was going so good until he stepped out of the end zone at the end declaring there’s no other human he’d want with the ball at the end of a big game.    Stafford answered all the questions and quieted all doubters.  It was the Lions all along.   Still there are a couple guys out there that undoubtedly are better in these situations.   

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Was Dan O still here when we drafted Stafford cause that might explain his love for him?  Even before this year when the media finally started to recognize him Dan always stood by him and would call him a top tier guy. 

Orlovsky was brought back as a backup during the Caldwell days I believe. I think Orlovsky was a backup for the Colts when Caldwell was there at the time Stafford was drafted. Culpepper was the backup Stafford's first year and then Shaun Hill. 

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Orlovsky was brought back as a backup during the Caldwell days I believe. I think Orlovsky was a backup for the Colts when Caldwell was there at the time Stafford was drafted. Culpepper was the backup Stafford's first year and then Shaun Hill. 

Thanks, I remember Culpepper and Stanton being here early in Staff's career that's why I wasnt sure if Dan O was a 3rd QB or already gone to Indy by then. Either I don't remember or never even realized we brought him back under Caldwell,  I also completely forgot about Shaun Hill until you mentioned him. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

According to Kelly, Suh doesn't like Stafford.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/01/25/matthew-stafford-wife-ndamukong-suh-kelly-stafford-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions/9212788002/

I'm also glad we weren't subjected to this podcast in Detroit. 

He's a D-Lineman isn't he? He's not supposed to like QBs. When Alex Karras was a Lion he hated all QBs, including Detroit's!    :classic_biggrin:

Edited by gehringer_2

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Kelly Stafford is so annoying, between putting up with her and the Lions for over a decade Stafford deserves a Super Bowl and then some. 

I like her and glad she sticks up for her guy.  If Stafford was some huge db in rl or on social media I could understand it, but he is a good dude who takes a lot of crap and says nothing..she defends him, I like that.

Franchise QB wins zero playoff games with Lions, franchise QB goes to Superbowl the moment he leaves the Lions. If this isn't the most SOL thing to ever happen, I don't know what it is.

Congrats to Matt but my god does it suck to be a Lions fan and tonight was just another big swift kick in the balls to Lions fans everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1