Stafford watch (A place for Stafford discussion)

RedRamage

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Man, that Lions pick from the Rams keeps looking better.

The Rams have alot of tough games left. Got the gimme next week with Jacksonville but after that they have to go to Arizona, play at Baltimore, at Minnesota and they close with SF who destroyed them earlier this year. They got off to a great start so they should be in the playoffs but if they're not careful they very well are looking at being a bottom seed going on the road in which case the Lions pick could end up being around 20th.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Rams have alot of tough games left. Got the gimme next week with Jacksonville but after that they have to go to Arizona, play at Baltimore, at Minnesota and they close with SF who destroyed them earlier this year. They got off to a great start so they should be in the playoffs but if they're not careful they very well are looking at being a bottom seed going on the road in which case the Lions pick could end up being around 20th.

SF and Minnesota are on their heels in the playoff chase. Loses to both could knock them out of the playoffs all together. The Rams would lose the tiebreaker with each team.

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I watched these last 3 Rams game and I can't remember a worse 3 game stretch outside of his rookie season. The Rams certainly don't have a playoff spot locked up yet. This could get ugly. They won 10 games and a playoff game with Goff last year. If they are one and done, is McVay on the hot seat?

McVay has such a punchable face, not to mention comes across as arrogant as all hell with the smartest guy in the room vibe so nothing would please me more than to see him get fired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It shouldn't be shocking that Stafford has clammed up against good teams but I also think the Akers and Woods injuries are devastating to that offense. They have no run game and Woods is probably their best all around receiver.

With that said, Stafford has made a lot of mistakes that were self inflicted. We've seen that movie before against top teams. They probably still make the playoffs but wouldn't be it lovely if they somehow missed and the Lions get the 17th or 18th pick.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

It shouldn't be shocking that Stafford has clammed up against good teams but I also think the Akers and Woods injuries are devastating to that offense. They have no run game and Woods is probably their best all around receiver.

With that said, Stafford has made a lot of mistakes that were self inflicted. We've seen that movie before against top teams. They probably still make the playoffs but wouldn't be it lovely if they somehow missed and the Lions get the 17th or 18th pick.

Akers isn't substantially better than Darrell Henderson. The WR excuse can be used either when you sign OBJ and have arguably the best WR in the league this season in Cooper Kupp. Stafford is out of excuses and if they are a early exit from the playoffs I suspect that will somewhat, maybe largely, be on him. I think this is par for the course for Stafford against good to great defenses.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Akers isn't substantially better than Darrell Henderson. The WR excuse can be used either when you sign OBJ and have arguably the best WR in the league this season in Cooper Kupp. Stafford is out of excuses and if they are a early exit from the playoffs I suspect that will somewhat, maybe largely, be on him. I think this is par for the course for Stafford against good to great defenses.

I think Akers is significantly better.

On 11/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Stafford 1-3 vs. winning teams this year. 

Sound familiar? 

97.1 had an interesting stats nugget last night right before the Pistons game.  in LA last year Goff was 4-2 with a 91 QBR against winning teams.  This year Stafford is 2-4 with an 89 QBR against winning teams.   If they don't make a deep run in the playoffs...I could see the Rams imploding this offseason

• 2 weeks later...