Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Swift looked good last night.  That was never the issue.  He was a good back for us.  The problem with him was he couldn't stay on the field.  Now he could stay healthy all year for the Eagles and will look like a great trade for them although we really couldn't keep on waiting for him.  It's not easy being a RB in this league although it was very frustrating as a fan with Swift.  That being said, I am loving our situation at RB right now.  This could be one of those trades that works out for each team.  As of now, the Stafford trade looks like a similar outcome at a much bigger level.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Vikings about to go 0-2 in 1 score games.  Hockenson and Swift with huge games. 

I kinda slammed Swift for only 3 yards last week, so I should give him props this week. 175 on the ground (plus 6 receiving). Wow! That's massively impressive.

It's kinda funny cause you could say he averaged 89 yards per game on the ground over the last two games and people would say: "Yeah, that's pretty darn good showing for a RB these days. He had a couple of solid games there."

Then you add: "Oh, yeah, but in game one he only had 3 yards."

1 minute ago, buddha said:

swift was always talented.  his issue is health and "want to."

its a contract year, so that might fix the "want to."

I did not realize until listening to last nights braodcast that Swift was from Philly. This is another reason Holmes gets high praise from players. He seems to take players wishes into consideration when moving off of them. All this does is make Detroit look like a better landing spot for future free agents.

54 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I did not realize until listening to last nights braodcast that Swift was from Philly. This is another reason Holmes gets high praise from players. He seems to take players wishes into consideration when moving off of them. All this does is make Detroit look like a better landing spot for future free agents.

that makes intuitive sense, but at the end of the day i think free agents go where the money is.  

but its better to have a good reputation than a bad one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MIguy said:

I'm not watching the Chubb injury but if someone could tell me which way his leg bent, that would be graphic enough for me to understand the severity of it.  

It looked like it bent backwards like the Willis McGahee injury years ago at Miami. It bent backwards it looked like.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 2

It looked like a season ender, if not a career ender.

The number and severity of injuries this year across the NFL have been mind-blowing. I'm not sure there is anything they can really do, I'm sure the turf change would help some, but not stop it completely. It's bad for business to have guys like Rodgers and Chubb suffer season ending injuries, so I'm sure the NFL will act in any way they can to prevent that kind of stuff in the future.

That was such an awful injury for Chubb. Thoughts and best wishes go out to Nick Chubb. I hope that's not a career ending injury, but it looked like his knee cap exploded almost. Really tough to watch so don't look for highlights if you are squeamish.

On another note, Deshaun Watson looks awful. He has not gotten his mind refocused into football and committing costly, stupid persona l fouls and costing his team chunks of yardage with flags. He also looks way off target throwing to his receivers and shows poor timing on routes their running. So glad the Lions never traded for him. Just too bad he's on my fantasy team in a keeper league.

and justin fields just threw his coaches under the bus for his poor play.

the sooner those idiots in charge of the bears realize that justin isnt a drop back passer (cause he's too stoopid to read coverages), the better off they'll be.

he's the best rb in football.  let him run.