Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

They were talking about who is the Lions most tradable commodity today on Doug & Scott on the Ticket. TJ Hockenson's name came up as one of the most tradable commodities we have. If someone was willing to give you either a 2nd round pick or if not that, a 3rd round pick, at the trade deadline for TJ Hockenson would you make either trade?

COACH HOT SEAT RANKINGS

1a.  Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona - 3 weeks until their bye week.   I think it could happen before then.   Of course, as has been pointed out - he was a losing coach in college.   Kind of a dumb hire.  

1b. Frank Reich,  Indianapolis - The blamed Matt Ryan.  They blamed the OC.  Not working.    Another team with a very late bye week but it could happen tonight or tomorrow.    John Fox or Gus Bradley could take over. 

3. Ron Rivera, Washington -  The whole organization is a mess.  Firing the coach could get a little attention off their crooked owner. 

4. Nathaniel Hackett, Denver - He's in over his head and everyone knows it.  Russ ain't taking the blame

5. Josh McDaniel - Las Vegas -  One and done?   The Raiders have done that a few times.   Another Patriots assistant failure. 

16 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

COACH HOT SEAT RANKINGS

1a.  Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona - 3 weeks until their bye week.   I think it could happen before then.   Of course, as has been pointed out - he was a losing coach in college.   Kind of a dumb hire.  

1b. Frank Reich,  Indianapolis - The blamed Matt Ryan.  They blamed the OC.  Not working.    Another team with a very late bye week but it could happen tonight or tomorrow.    John Fox or Gus Bradley could take over. 

3. Ron Rivera, Washington -  The whole organization is a mess.  Firing the coach could get a little attention off their crooked owner. 

4. Nathaniel Hackett, Denver - He's in over his head and everyone knows it.  Russ ain't taking the blame

5. Josh McDaniel - Las Vegas -  One and done?   The Raiders have done that a few times.   Another Patriots assistant failure. 

Frank Reich officially canned.

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jeff Saturday named interim head coach. I did not see that one coming. 

I get it if he's a prospect Irsay and Ballard think may make a really good coach, which someone must if they hired him... If he fails miserably, you ditch him at the end of the season and have a better draft position. If he succeeds, you keep him and look like a genius.

It's a move you can't make when you're hiring a long-term coach (like when the Lions hired Campbell). But when you're hiring an interim for nine weeks, you can get away with it.

With the Reich firing the annual Harbaugh going back to the NFL rumors has started early. Even if he does want to go back to the NFL and has ties with the Colts I just don't think that would be the job he'd leave Ann Arbor for. Considering his pedigree he should have his pick of the litter when it comes to NFL jobs and surely there will be a more attractive opening come up.