POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:
3 minutes ago, oblong said:

It's annoying when people on twitter

I think a big part of the problem is just the innumeracy of the society. So back in the stone age, you stand at the water cooler and the office goof ball comes up with an off the wall take, eyes roll and everyone goes back to work not caring a whit about it. Faced with being able see a one in 10, or even one in 5, ratio is enough for anyone in person to consign what what said to irrelevance. But you have maybe 100 million twits in the US alone and then on top of that you have Romad's Russian and Chinese bot farms pumping the noise and yet everyone still get bent if the goof ball now has a keyboard and elicits the response of  0.1% or 0.01% or some other tiny fraction of what is now a global water cooler. The basic inability to put how tiny the scale of things on twitter really is to the rest of real life seems to confound Americans, and unfortunately especially the MSM who just can't look away.

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

People are mad at Chris Pratt.  He's in the Mario movie but I guess not doing an accent.  He also goes to church. The pastor of that church has some weird views but it's a mega church.  They are mad at him for that.  He has a new wife that had a baby and he thanked her for giving him a healthy baby boy.  People are mad at him for that because he has a special needs child with his previous wife/woman and they saw that as a slight.  As a parent of a special needs child I feel comfortable saying that's not a slight.  It's annoying when people on twitter go nuts against actors entertainers for not agreeing with their worldview 100% as if they are Kevin Spacey.  It's especially annoying because if they only knew how many of their favorites are sympathetic to people like Roman Polanski or knew about Weinstein's actions and did nothing about it... 

Pratt's Avenger co stars though are having none of it.  They support him. If he's ok with them he's ok with me.  I don't know where the line is where you shouldn't let personal politics interfere with who you enjoy being entertained by but this aint it.  These leftist purity tests are tiresome.  They should be better than the idiots on the right who will do things like boycott a business because an owner gave money to a library that once hosted drag queen bingo (This is a real thing by the way.  The funny enough the business was Chick Fil A.  The Evangelicals were fighting among themselves)

Nice post until you join in on the bashing bandwagon.  Liberals are the worst when it comes to judging and seperating people.

25 minutes ago, oblong said:

People are mad at Chris Pratt.  He's in the Mario movie but I guess not doing an accent.  He also goes to church. The pastor of that church has some weird views but it's a mega church.  They are mad at him for that.  He has a new wife that had a baby and he thanked her for giving him a healthy baby boy.  People are mad at him for that because he has a special needs child with his previous wife/woman and they saw that as a slight.  As a parent of a special needs child I feel comfortable saying that's not a slight.  It's annoying when people on twitter go nuts against actors entertainers for not agreeing with their worldview 100% as if they are Kevin Spacey.  It's especially annoying because if they only knew how many of their favorites are sympathetic to people like Roman Polanski or knew about Weinstein's actions and did nothing about it... 

Pratt's Avenger co stars though are having none of it.  They support him. If he's ok with them he's ok with me.  I don't know where the line is where you shouldn't let personal politics interfere with who you enjoy being entertained by but this aint it.  These leftist purity tests are tiresome.  They should be better than the idiots on the right who will do things like boycott a business because an owner gave money to a library that once hosted drag queen bingo (This is a real thing by the way.  The funny enough the business was Chick Fil A.  The Evangelicals were fighting among themselves)

My sister is starting to get this way. It's still much better than becoming a Trumper. I just realized I made a major error when I didn't realize Eskimo is now cancelled. All I wanted was an Inuit Pie.  

Just now, oblong said:

Washington Free Beacon did a 'major investigation' (their words) and discovered that Kamala Harris bought a $375 pan in Europe and spent... $600 in total on dishes.

Good work there.

When I first saw the headline that Harris bought a $375 pot, I was fist pumping the air thinking she bought $375 worth of weed and then became disappointed when she bought cookware. 

33 minutes ago, Archie said:

They both do but I simply point out the left is much worse.

Two thoughts here.

1) A corrected statement should be "They both do but I simply point out the left was much worse."

or

2) Back before Trump, I was much more sympathetic to view points from the right and due to that, was able to brush off things they did better than those on the left and now, i'm seeing them both for what they always were.

Guess there could be a 3) where some of each is true.

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Two thoughts here.

1) A corrected statement should be "They both do but I simply point out the left was much worse."

or

2) Back before Trump, I was much more sympathetic to view points from the right and due to that, was able to brush off things they did better than those on the left and now, i'm seeing them both for what they always were.

Guess there could be a 3) where some of each is true.

Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but I feel like the right wing culture war stuff is thrown much more in my face than the left wing stuff. Especially after the past State Legislature and with Greg Abbott positioning himself for the GOP Primary.

24 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but I feel like the right wing culture war stuff is thrown much more in my face than the left wing stuff. Especially after the past State Legislature and with Greg Abbott positioning himself for the GOP Primary.

come to illinois!  😀

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Is Illinois banning books and abortion? Passing voter suppression laws? 

well no....that's why i told him to come to illinois.

illinois takes the opposite stance and markets itself as a comfortable place for all people to come kill their unborn babies, if that's what matters to you.

its pretty much the opposite of texas.  lol.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

illinois takes the opposite stance and markets itself as a comfortable place for all people to come kill their unborn babies, if that's what matters to you.

Since they are unborn babies, does Illinois allow you to claim them as dependents? Does Illinois allow you to use them to collect assistance? 

1 minute ago, buddha said:

The general political position of any state isn't a selling point for me in any direction.... if it were, I would have never moved to Texas in the first place. And if I leave, it's going to be because the stars align career wise, not because of politics.

My only point is that one's perspective may be different when you live center-left in a state dominated by GOP politicians.

Just now, mtutiger said:

The general political position of any state isn't a selling point for me in any direction.... if it were, I would have never moved to Texas in the first place. And if I leave, it's going to be because the stars align career wise, not because of politics.

My only point is that one's perspective may be different when you live center-left in a state dominated by GOP politicians.

Normally politics wouldn't, but the right is getting crazier and they are moving closer to overturning elections and banning books and making states into Christian caliphates.