POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

1 minute ago, CMRivdogs said:

Sounds like a Trump rally to me. Let's deportbthem

Yep.  Republicans tried to overthrow the government and Archie defends and celebrates them.   Shows a particularly selective love of America seemingly based on the characteristics of the people hating America.   If only we could determine what characteristic....... hmmmmmmmmmm

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Archie said:

I will add that in those countries there were a lot a large demonstrations with the people chanting things like "death to America." Are those really the people you want here?

The couple of people that I've met who came here from those countries, like most immigrants, appreciate America more than actual Americans do. And they came here because of the opportunity we provide.

Maybe, just maybe, don't paint with a broad brush. Just because Trump singled out a country doesn't mean everyone from that country hates us.

So if all individuals in a country are burdened with a chant that occurred within said country by a small proportion of it's population, does that mean Archie is also burdened with every chant that's been said in this country by a small proportion of it's population?   

Just wondering if this is yet another Trumper double standard.   Ok I lied, I'm not wondering at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spent a couple years loading cabs/sedans at DTW. Some of the hardest working and nicest guys once you get to know them. The only incident I ever had with them regarding their religion was the one time I told a couple of them that when it came to control over driver activities during my shift I was god (little g).

One went a bit ballistic (there is no God but God). Thinking back I'd probably get the same reaction from a Baptist.

I wonder when Germany will ban Americans because some people in Florida were flying swastikas? 

Also, none of the countries on Trump's banned list had terrorists involved in 9/11. The countries that did have 9/11 terrorists, were all countries Trump had business dealings with and were, surprise, not on the banned list. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

It sounds like a democrat rally speach here. Lets support the foreigners who don't like us before we protect the American citizens. Ilhan omar would be proud.

You literally support people attempting to overthrow the American government. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, pfife said:

You literally support people attempting to overthrow the American government. 

yeah but he once saw on the teevee a few guys from a 1986 video clip holding up a picture of Ronald Reagan and shouting some things in Arabic which he translated 

OK, in Archie's "guilt transferal" model, we've seen that all individuals in a country are responsible for chants that happen within the country.   But what about acts besides chants?   If guilt is only transferred via chants, why?  

Oh and also Archie, do you still think Jews will not replace you?

46 minutes ago, Archie said:

I will add that in those countries there were a lot a large demonstrations with the people chanting things like "death to America." Are those really the people you want here?

Using your logic: do you think Jews will still not replace you?

31 minutes ago, Archie said:

It sounds like a democrat rally speach here. Lets support the foreigners who don't like us before we protect the American citizens. Ilhan omar would be proud.

Talk about a false choice... it's not even clear to me that the travel ban stopped any terror attacks from happening.

Either way, what I don't get is that, at least in my experience, people who come here don't like their governments and like ours and our way of life better.

For some reason, a lot people have trouble separating feelings about the governments of a place like Iran, Libya, etc with people who may want to come here from there. It's punitive against people who may want to come here for the same reason that my ancestors came here for. It's kinda sad and bigoted 

Edited by mtutiger