POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

10 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

What, do you have a blonde-haired blue-eyed portrait of Jesus on your wall so that's why you're so upset.. that we burst your bubble?

look, there's no need to be rude, we just disagree about something neither of us will ever know the answer to.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, Jim Cowan said:

There was a picture of Jesus at our house when I was a kid, he looked sort of like a young Errol Flynn.  So, that ought to settle the argument I think.

Was it this one?

image.thumb.png.6b051297a9bf7679dff28f0d1c3cc356.png

Or this one?

image.jpeg.4f9c51d0b7f9f65dae7870362f7e1d52.jpeg

We had both of them in our house. We called one Upstairs Jesus and the other Downstairs Jesus.

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We have 50 votes with Harris as the tie breaker so we control the Senate. Mitch has no way to stonewall this.

I can envision Manchin and/or Sinema breaking bad on this, as they have on so many other things Democrats want. I put nothing past them. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, buddha said:

look, there's no need to be rude, we just disagree about something neither of us will ever know the answer to.

One thing I do know, I like Christmas Jesus the best.  Just a sweet tiny baby Jesus wearing golden fleece diaper's.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

One thing I do know, I like Christmas Jesus the best.  Just a sweet tiny baby Jesus wearing golden fleece diaper's.

my mother in law makes a sweet amount of money every year making dresses for baby jesus.  i'll have to ask her the important question of what the baby jesus dolls' skin color is the next time i see her.

17 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It's not so much stonewalling, but simply letting the people decide.

What hypocritical horseshit.

He stonewalled with a year to go in Obama's term.

And then rushed Amy through in under a month to go in Trump's term (election, that is... in which he was voted OUT).

I'm calling BS.

Or were you just trying to trigger...?

I'm not a fan of McConnell but the best thing he did in his career is keep Garland from being on the SCOTUS.  He would have been a politician and his decisions based on politics like he has as AG. He's been an embarrassment as AG.

I assume Biden's nominee or the dems nominee since Biden won't have much say in it, will be a racist decision.  The person will be picked by their skin color and not their qualifications.  The new Justice will most likely be ruling based on politics and not the law.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'm not a fan of McConnell but the best thing he did in his career is keep Garland from being on the SCOTUS.  He would have been a politician and his decisions based on politics like he has as AG. He's been an embarrassment as AG.

I assume Biden's nominee or the dems nominee since Biden won't have much say in it, will be a racist decision.  The person will be picked by their skin color and not their qualifications.  The new Justice will most likely be ruling based on politics and not the law.  

Tots and pears

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Archie said:

PRojection.  Corny Barret and Kavs were picked by their skin color and political beliefs