POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

On 12/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Considering the region Jesus was purported to live and grow up in, the modern day Middle East/Palestine, chances are higher that he looked more like an Arabic/Palestinian person than he did a sandy haired, blue eyed white guy.

According to the Census Bureau, Arabs are white people.  Not all white people are Scandinavian.

46 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Theses so much bullshit in this post that it’s not even worth trying to address. 

Agree with that.

One thing I don't get is the Voter I.D. requirement. I am 45 and since I was 18 in Indiana you have to show a picture I.D. to vote which are free through our BMV. How many states DON'T require this?

19 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Agree with that.

One thing I don't get is the Voter I.D. requirement. I am 45 and since I was 18 in Indiana you have to show a picture I.D. to vote which are free through our BMV. How many states DON'T require this?

I know in Michigan they ask for it, but you can sign an affidavit if you don’t have it. 

3 hours ago, Archie said:

The part I don't understand is how the 2020 election was secure but now Biden says 2022 will be illegitimate.  Seems like they want it both ways or are they just trying to pass the voter fraud bill so they will never lose another election???

2022 is illegitimate because Republicans are trying to subvert it. Actually that will be 2024 when Republican State Legislators throw out Democratic Electors in states won by a Democratic Presidential candidate because they don't like the results. That's throwing out the Constitutional right of voters to vote for the President of their choice in favor of legislative fiat overthrowing their choice.

Republicans are turning this country into a 3rd world banana republic.

Contemptible.

Unconstitutional.

1 hour ago, shabba4detroit said:

According to the Census Bureau, Arabs are white people.  Not all white people are Scandinavian.

to me one of the stranger things is human race hatred history is that the Nazis latched onto the word 'Aryan' when the real Aryans probably looked mostly like Persians or even Indians, certainly not any kind of Germanic/Nordic idealization.

5 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Whoopsie! Mitch McConnell just said the quiet part out loud……

92C19671-1CEC-48AD-BB59-959619669D41.png

This reminds me of when Tuck Chodd phrased that question to Nicole Hannah Jones about "parents" and also "parents of color"

I love how these republicans get to define who's an american and who isnt.  and also don't play identity politics according to republicans

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

it's curious, they say once you reach 90 your odds of dying in any given year level out. They are still pretty high of course......

When my father turned 90, I looked at this longevity calculator and it said he would most likely die within one year, but the probability of his lasting two years or three years was not that much lower.  He is now 97.    

53 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

That’s great you get to enjoy him. 

Also, he gets to watch his grand children grow up.  Two of them have gotten married in the last few years and they were both thrilled that he was around to see it.   Too many people see the elderly slow down and think they aren't contributing anything or enjoying life, but they really do.  Their lives are as valuable as anyone else.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oblong said:

E19AD1F9-37EB-4C5C-93F4-D962C7777A16.jpeg

I was surprised when I took an edition of the KJV from World Publishing from sometime before 1960 down from the self and saw that all the color plates depicted people of various dark shades and Jesus was always shown looking very middle Eastern with black beard and hair. OTOH, the people in the color plates in an RSV - also from World and released in 1962, so maybe a few years later, looked Euro. Mixed bag I guess.

11 hours ago, pfife said:

This reminds me of when Tuck Chodd phrased that question to Nicole Hannah Jones about "parents" and also "parents of color"

I love how these republicans get to define who's an american and who isnt.  and also don't play identity politics according to republicans

Don't forget they also get to determine what language you speak in America too and they get to tell you to get out if you don't speak English. Pretty good gig they got going.