POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

How is this even possible?  The part that was really astounding is that they get the rights to patrol a mile of the interstate.  And then, at the next town line, I guess Sheriff Buford T Justice takes over.

Surely the citizens of the town can do something about this.  And who is John Archibald...does he have any sort of national platform?

2 hours ago, oblong said:

For Profit prisons should be outlawed.  I read something yesterday that one did a contract with the government where they are guaranteed 90% occupancy.

would you outlaw prison guard unions?  they lobby the state to increase the prison population all the time.  and unlike "for profit" prisons, state prisons are where most criminals are housed.

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

would you outlaw prison guard unions?  they lobby the state to increase the prison population all the time.  and unlike "for profit" prisons, state prisons are where most criminals are housed.

I’m not in favor of anything that states a population of a prison should be X, Y, or Z.   The only time something like that should come into play is when there’s overcrowding and resources are an issue. 

16 hours ago, oblong said:

For Profit prisons should be outlawed.  I read something yesterday that one did a contract with the government where they are guaranteed 90% occupancy.

My guess is it's not guaranteed 90% occupancy, but that they will be paid at minimum, based on 90% occupancy.  After Covid was rolling and there were less folks getting processed in the courts plus the move to get people out of the prison's in an attempt to decrease the ability to spread Covid I saw a story about a prison that was at 50% capacity but the State saw no financial gain as they had a minimal pay contract setup with the private entity running the prison.   Outrageous.

26 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

The part I don't understand is how the 2020 election was secure but now Biden says 2022 will be illegitimate.  Seems like they want it both ways or are they just trying to pass the voter fraud bill so they will never lose another election???

biden saying he didnt know if the 2022 elections would be legitimate if their voting bill didnt pass was not a good thing to say.  

but not much theyve said about this bill has been anything other than hyperbole.  

there are legit compromises out there that they can take, but they are choosing not to take them.  i dont know why other than they want this issue to remain in the public eye and think they can make hay with it in the midterms.  i dont know if that's a good strategy considering most americans dont care, but there must be something they know or else they wouldnt be pushing so hard.  i assume he's doing it to shore up his progressive flank or to placate jim clyburne.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

biden saying he didnt know if the 2022 elections would be legitimate if their voting bill didnt pass was not a good thing to say.  

but not much theyve said about this bill has been anything other than hyperbole.  

there are legit compromises out there that they can take, but they are choosing not to take them.  i dont know why other than they want this issue to remain in the public eye and think they can make hay with it in the midterms.  i dont know if that's a good strategy considering most americans dont care, but there must be something they know or else they wouldnt be pushing so hard.  i assume he's doing it to shore up his progressive flank or to placate jim clyburne.

This, its all pandering to the base. See guys we tried! Shrugs shoulders and moves on...

Is an executive order an option?  

Edited by Tigeraholic1

44 minutes ago, Archie said:

The part I don't understand is how the 2020 election was secure but now Biden says 2022 will be illegitimate.  Seems like they want it both ways or are they just trying to pass the voter fraud bill so they will never lose another election???

The voter suppression laws were introduced by many of these states came after the 2020 election. These new laws were based on the lie that the 2020 election was illegitimate. The GOP knows who this will effect if they make it harder to vote. It’s a solution in search of a problem that didn’t exist. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

The voter suppression laws were introduced by many of these states came after the 2020 election. These new laws were based on the lie that the 2020 election was illegitimate. The GOP knows who this will effect if they make it harder to vote. It’s a solution in search of a problem that didn’t exist. 

It is hilarious how posters pretend 19 state legislatures didn't do anything after 2020 and thus you're a hypocrite if you think 2020 was secure but 2022 might not be.

15 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

But they're not voter suppression, its election security.  Why does Deleware have more strict election laws than GA but its never mentioned?  No vote is being suppressed and every American citizen has the right to vote. 

Dems want people to vote without ID because they insinuate black people are not smart enough to get an ID.  That is so wrong and racist and the dems should be ashamed of themselves.  Its hard for the dems to get away from their history of racism. Its just an excuse they are making to change the rules because they relized how many more votes they can get by relaxing the election integrity rules and having little to no controls on ballots.

32 minutes ago, Archie said:

But they're not voter suppression, its election security.  Why does Deleware have more strict election laws than GA but its never mentioned?  No vote is being suppressed and every American citizen has the right to vote. 

Dems want people to vote without ID because they insinuate black people are not smart enough to get an ID.  That is so wrong and racist and the dems should be ashamed of themselves.  Its hard for the dems to get away from their history of racism. Its just an excuse they are making to change the rules because they relized how many more votes they can get by relaxing the election integrity rules and having little to no controls on ballots.

Theses so much bullshit in this post that it’s not even worth trying to address. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1