POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

7 hours ago, buddha said:

when did they get to michigan?

They started coming up in the late 20's and 30's.  They'd go back and forth between Detroit and TN depending on jobs and finally stayed here in 1950.  My mom was named after a Polish lady they lived next door to in Detroit.  But then her parents went back to TN where she grew up. A lot of aunts/uncles stayed in TN.  My dad's family lived in SW Detroit. Just like other "immigrants" they went where the others were and in the 50's and 60's lots of people from TN lived there.  On my mom's side they were east side.  One uncle in East Detroit and another in Detroit.  

• Like 1

I'm not against landlord making money. But after recently for three years in a corporate built and earned complex and watching rents rise nearly $1,000 during that time with no real change in service. I wonder how the average person can afford it.

That said, moving is also expensive. Even if you have family and friends willing to give up time to help.

Edited by CMRivdogs

I don't either, but when a 1350 sq ft 2 BR apartment in Wolverine Lakeruns more than our 2800 sq ft 4 bedroom house in Farmington Hills you wonder. Especially when you look at the starting rents of the new matchboxes they're building in Commerce Twp.

Fortunately our mortgage on our place here in Burnt Ordinary is reasonable. I did threaten to leave the furniture in the apt since it seemed cheaper to pay the penalty and buy new stuff than move it, even do it yourself.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Add Liz Cheney to this list. I haven't forgotten who she really is. 

L. Cheney has walked back on some of the cultural warrior stuff - seems to have at least reconciled with her sister to a degree. To me the test for people who I oppose politically is are they loyal to the process. Everyone needs to be able to accept that on the issues you will win some and you will lose some. The frightening thing today how many people are out there for whom that is not good enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

L. Cheney has walked back on some of the cultural warrior stuff - seems to have at least reconciled with her sister to a degree. To me the test for people who I oppose politically is are they loyal to the process. Everyone needs to be able to accept that on the issues you will win some and you will lose some. The frightening thing today how many people are out there for whom that is not good enough.

She voted for Trump in 2020 knowing he was going to contest the election. She has voted against the Voting Rights act. She sided with Trump 90% of the time. She's fine with suppressing the vote as long as it doesn't go as far as an insurrection. 

27 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

She voted for Trump in 2020 knowing he was going to contest the election. She has voted against the Voting Rights act. She sided with Trump 90% of the time. She's fine with suppressing the vote as long as it doesn't go as far as an insurrection. 

This always gets me too. He made it clear he was never going to accept the results if he lost. What did she think was going to happen?

Biden is just a puppet in this voting scheme.  The dems want to get rid of the rules so they can never lose power.  The big question right now is why aren't they attacking the Deleware voting laws? They are much more restrictive than Georgia.  You don't have to be too smart to see through this corrupt bs.

Its the black people who should be upset the most since the democrats keep saying they're not smart enough to get a photo ID.  I know a lot black people and can't think of one that doesn't drive.  Dems are just stirring up racism again and trying to use it for their advantage. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I say good for him.  More election security with proper ID.  I don't know how you can have a safe, secure and legitimate election if voters can't prove who they are. 

I don't have a problem with in person early voting but its not that big of a deal. 

Minimum wage jobs helps the small business that are hurting so bad right now.  Any increase will add to the pain.

Absolutely nothing wrong with open carry.  More people than ever are arming themselves to protect their families because of dem policies not to incarcerate criminals, ignore violent offenders, and allow millions of illegals aliens to do as they please in the country.  Looks like they elected the right guy to run the state. 

Edited by Archie

I hope the GOP runs on "we gotta keep people poor to help the crappy owner who doesn't know how to do a budget or business plan"

The funny thing is by lowering the minimum wage all you do is hurt those businesses because now their employees will be more likely to go elsewhere that pays more.  Then they will go on TV and complain about "nobody wants to work" when in reality nobody wants to work for them because they are shit bags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1