POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

Some organizers wanted to do a "Spark in the park" at Hazel Park.  Residents fought it and it was squashed.  Now I'm not commenting on whether pot is good or bad or whatever.... but good for the residents of Hazel Park.  I saw a few of the attorney organizers on TV lamenting the decision and I wanted them to be asked "Why don't you do this where you live?  Have it in Northville or Birmingham or Bloomfield Hills.  

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

Some organizers wanted to do a "Spark in the park" at Hazel Park.  Residents fought it and it was squashed.  Now I'm not commenting on whether pot is good or bad or whatever.... but good for the residents of Hazel Park.  I saw a few of the attorney organizers on TV lamenting the decision and I wanted them to be asked "Why don't you do this where you live?  Have it in Northville or Birmingham or Bloomfield Hills.  

I nominate Wall Lake. Or at least 2 years ago it seemed to be the pot capitol of SE Michigan. And the one with the biggest A-Hole pot store owner.

12 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I nominate Wall Lake. Or at least 2 years ago it seemed to be the pot capitol of SE Michigan. And the one with the biggest A-Hole pot store owner.

Weed Lake is still going strong.   3 dispensaries open for business and always busy.    

In true stoner fashion, The Greenhouse (and that same owner) still has its outlandish Christmas lights up in April.   

24 minutes ago, oblong said:

I lived in HP for a couple years recently (2019-21), and you can’t throw a rock without hitting a dispensary there. I’m still in a couple community groups, and there was a lot of pushback and their city council denied the permit. They were expecting 10,000+ people and the council person I’m friends with said they are still open to holding a much scaled back version, but as it was they ultimately thought it was too large for a city the size of Hazel Park in terms of resources. 

• Like 1

I just see the whole thing as a bunch of guys in suits and corporate people from the "boojie" suburbs (that's a term my wife and I use) getting rich off the lower income communities.  Let those cities get the stigma and we'll get the money.  We'll laugh at them.

I'm not judging the use of it at all.  

• Like 2

Hazel Park isn’t as cheap as it once was! It’s become hip from all the people that want to live around Ferndale and Royal Oak but are priced out of those communities. There’s still a lot of the old guard though with the hipsters sprinkled in. I lived two blocks away from 8 Mile, and after my next door neighbor had her home burglarized I got the hell out there. My redneck neighbor across the street also said to my face “this is what happens when the (n-words) move in”, which didn’t help. I liked living next to 75 and 696 though because it felt like I was close to everything. 

46 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There are several prominent Republicans who are obviously more unfit than Biden including your favorite defeated president

I could be wrong but I'm not aware of any Republicans in office that are showing symptoms of dementia besides Biden an Feinstein.  You haven't been paying attention if you know who my favorite defeated POTUS is.  If you are referring to Trump, he does have his issues but he doesn't show signs of dementia.

12 minutes ago, Archie said:

I could be wrong but I'm not aware of any Republicans in office that are showing symptoms of dementia besides Biden an Feinstein.  You haven't been paying attention if you know who my favorite defeated POTUS is.  If you are referring to Trump, he does have his issues but he doesn't show signs of dementia.

Biden is having typical elderly cognitive slow down, but I see no signs of Dementia.  Trump actually was given a dementia test, so we can assume that doctors thought he might be showing signs.  I think his mental health problems and general unfitness are something other than dementia though.  I do not know anyone in office who specifically has dementia, but there are several who lack either the intelligence or sanity or both to be fit for office.  

Since the only other defeated president still alive is Jimmy Carter, I will assume that he is your favorite defeated president.

14 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Biden is having typical elderly cognitive slow down, but I see no signs of Dementia.  Trump actually was given a dementia test, so we can assume that doctors thought he might be showing signs.  I think his mental health problems and general unfitness are something other than dementia though.  I do not know anyone in office who specifically has dementia, but there are several who lack either the intelligence or sanity or both to be fit for office.  

Since the only other defeated president still alive is Jimmy Carter, I will assume that he is your favorite defeated president.

You should watch closer for the signs.  Yesterday after a speech, Biden shook hands with the air and was lost leaving the stage.  Its really just sad that his family would put him and the country in this position.  As for Trump, his current cognitive skills don't matter because he is nothing more than a private citizen.  Biden is the POTUS so its a big deal.  Also, I don't know if Trump took a cognitive test or not but I do know Biden refuses and for good reason.

Just now, Archie said:

I don't look at it as I'm feeding the trolls.  Its a decent conversation and I point out issues to them they either don't see or refuse to see.  

i dont think you are feeding the trolls, i think you are trolling people and trying to get a reaction out of them.

but its an internet message board, where would we be without trolls?

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont think you are feeding the trolls, i think you are trolling people and trying to get a reaction out of them.

but its an internet message board, where would we be without trolls?

Since I don't follow the liberal handbook like everyone else here then you figure I'm trying to start a fight?  I enjoy respectfully discussing and debating issues but since my views aren't from your handbook then respectfully doesn't happen much here.  I'll just start agreeing with everything here so I don't hurt the delicate snowflake feelings.