9/21 @ 1:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

Tigeraholic1

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

4 under 500. Is the first time ince April we have finally gotten closer than 5 under?

They may have in July, it was close at least.  Right now though, we have a chance to finish 9-3 in the last 12 games against some of the best teams in baseball.  Just fun to watch (or listen).

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

4 under 500. Is the first time ince April we have finally gotten closer than 5 under?

I thought we were 3 under for a fleeting moment in early August. Let me check Baseball Reference.

Update: 57-60 on August 12 and 58-61 on August 14.

Edited by lordstanley

23 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Exactly. The new ownership obviously doesn’t care. 

To my thinking somewhere the combination of either neglect or incompetence crosses over into just plan rudeness. The site certainly has the capacity to at least acknowledge the problem and make a statement that they either intend to fix it or let the fora close. Pretty indecent to not at least do that much.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

To my thinking somewhere the combination of either neglect or incompetence crosses over into just plan rudeness. The site certainly has the capacity to at least acknowledge the problem and make a statement that they either intend to fix it or let the fora close. Pretty indecent to not at least do that much.

I have hit the “contact us“ button at least a half dozen times with no response. 

• Like 1

There’s supposedly a 100% chance of rain for the next 24 hours or so. I really doubt that tomorrow’s game is played. So the team will probably have two days off and then the last 3-game homestand of the year against the Royals before hitting the road. I hope this isn’t like the off days that led to the “can’t miss“ 2006 World Series favorite thing. 

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

This is a concept MWG could have a little fun with. Set up a hierarchy of double-dealing and collusion: Collaborator, Quisling, Sympathizer, Snake in the Grass, etc --- and most appropriately "defector". 

Earlier ranks could be "know-it-all", "pain-in-the-ass", etc.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

Thanks for the game updates.

Yeah when I don’t get to check the score and if the game thread has been halfway active I can at least get the feel of the game in a mediated real time sort of way. That’s one of the benefits of just doing a tiny bit of play-by-play. 

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

a lot less degenerate ads for you to gamble away your kid's college fund on this site.   Even though I had ad-blocker I'd still somehow see them on MTS after the change.