4/10 1:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

7 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

I think this is the third game of the year. We have a good team that will contend all season. And one of the better managers. I'm staying all in.

I don't know if they'll contend all season (they might) but they finally have a team headed in the right direction.  They've got interesting players at almost every position.  This is a team I want to watch.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't know what prompted your post, but his handling of the Astros situation was not good.  He seems like a bright guy who really understands the modern game though.  I don't think he is the miracle worker some fans say he is, but I'm happy to have him managing the team.  It will all come down to player performance as it always does.   

I'd like to see what Brad Ausmus could do with this team. <ducks>

1 minute ago, Archie said:

When Greene or Hill are back maybe Grossman should be the first guy out.  He's not been too impressive today.

Team could def use a real #1 hitter at the top...watching Anderson, then Grossman, makes my hair hurt, and I dont have any.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

I think this is the third game of the year. We have a good team that will contend all season. And one of the better managers. I'm staying all in.

Seriously.

I'm open to the idea that they may not be as good as advertised, but I'm not making that judgment after three games.

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Tigers just looked flat today, no energy. I don't know why. But no fight in them at all. Surprising.

No doubt.  Baseball is a humbling game.  Feeling great after opening day but not so much now.  

Just now, mtutiger said:

Tork needs a day off

Exactly. He’s out of sorts. He let a first pitch fast ball he should have deposited into the left field stands go right by him. His swinging strike two was at his eyes. He took strike three when he should have been protecting. Pat him on the back and give him tomorrow off. 

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Remember that time Leyland went off on the team for just going thru the motions before a road trip? Not saying Hinch should, just remembering better days....

There were terrible calls by the umpires on opening day and Hinch did absolutely nothing. I miss the days where managers would get ejected by arguing bad calls. 

Is it too early to call for Hinch's head?  

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It looked like Chicago's game plan was to make Tiger SP work hard and get them out of the game. Our SP will be fine, we have depth and not too much should be taken from the first time or two thru the rotation. But our hitters? 2 hits? Chicago pitching isn't that good.

it seems like our hitters always start out ice cold.

6 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Feels like a lot of overreaction to the first series of the season.  We went 1-2 against probably the best team in the league.  This team is likely .500 or slightly above, so best to manage expectations.  Success will be the development of our young, core players.

Currently listening to the Brewers game... who are trying to avoid being swept by the Cubs.

Braves are looking likely to drop 2/3 against the fire sale Reds.

Today's game was bad, the offense in particular concerns me, but gotta keep perspective for sure 

Edited by mtutiger